built-in for my daughter

My daughter (15) has been wanting to paint her room for about a year now. Her and her mother finally decided on this purple color. Apparently it's not purple though because every time I call it purple I get corrected with some fancy schmancy paint color name. It was a really light cream, so the change is fairly drastic. I didn't say anything, it's only paint! As we were finishing up she asked if I could build her a "dresser thing" with bookcases above. I told her sure, and this is what she came up with. I tried talking her into going with a wood finish, but she wanted white. What's wrong with that girl! Just kidding, she's a great girl and I would have painted it magenta if that's what she wanted. Again, it's only paint right.

She has been helping me build it(which has been a blast), and this is how far we have gotten. I've got the other bookcase made. I have to paint the back before it goes on and I still have the drawers to make and the face frames for the book shelves. I'm thinking about going with an arch or something at the top of the bookcases. Anyway, here's a couple of pics showing the progress so far.

IMAG0127.jpg IMAG0126.jpg