Thread: Eagle Cam: All Three Eggs are Hatched

Eagle Cam: All Three Eggs are Hatched

Here's a live webcam of a Bald Eagle nest with three eggs. I got started watching it a week or so ago. The first egg has started to hatch...http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...le+Feedfetcher
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Mommy and daddy are in the nest so can't see the eggs.
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Thanks Vaughn, bookmarked & forwarded night vision & HD...too cool!

Well, darn you. I got hooked last year, now here I sit again, checking the eagles! Thanks for the reminder
    "We the People ......"

I just checked in on the Eagle cam for the first time in a while, and I see that all three eggs are hatched and three healthy-looking chicks are hanging out in the nest.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    The wife & I both, are semi-addicted to the site....I kinda look forward to what's being served for the next few meals seen rabbit, squirrel, fish so far, a little too graphic for the Mrs she's hooked on their "cuteness'...Thanks again for the link!

Any Eagle experts around?

I have been working at my puter and will be most of this week so have phone on docking station hooked up wifi with live play full screen on the Eagles.

I am just wondering if 3 offspring are normal and if its typical for all 3 to make it to first flight.

Noticed a couple of interesting things that must be genetic.

When kids make a poop they face their backsides to the outside of the nest and spray it overboard. Saw one once shoot out a spray that the wind blew right past mom/dads face. That sure keeps the nest clean with three of them in there.

Then saw mom/dad whoever is minding them now (9:24 am eastern time) leave nest for a while before and return with food. Did not catch what it was have seen all sorts in the larder at different times.

But one of the chicks did not eat. It was the character that is at around 7 o clock in the nest. When the other two were being fed by mom/dad and it ended, the parent went over to the one that had not eaten to comfort it.

Got me kinda wondering if something was up with one of them and then wondering if Eagles are known to raise all three.

Sure is amazing video they pretty good parents and incredible to see how gentle they can be. D

Dont see these parents going off to nightclubs while newborns are left at home most they do is go "shopping for food". Thought ocurred could be a good video for teaching parenting.

Also observed that the three siblings dont exactly use the benefits of cuddling up together when parent is off the nest. They kinda kept to their own space and kept their heads down. Little bit of a case of you on your own bro or sis if someone else comes around looking for a meal while folks are gone.
    cheers