I found space on my table saw's mobile base to store several systainers

Frank Pellow

As of right now I own 31 systainers and storage space for them has been a problem. As of last week, I had appropriate locations for 22 of them, but half a dozen or so were constantly getting missplaced where they were either in the way and/or I couldn't quickly find the systainer that I needed for the task at hand. I'm right in the middle of a big shop tool rationalization and reorganization and it suddenly occurred to me that there was a little used spot where I could easily store 6 to 10 systainers. That spot was on top of the mobile base under my General 650 tablesaw. I have no excuse :doh: for not thinking of this years ago but better late than never. I have been keeping a scrap wood bin there, but that's all:

Found storage space under my table saw 01-Before -small.JPG

This piece of plywood could serve as a platform if properly supported:

Found storage space under my table saw 02 -This piece of plywood will do nicely once properly el.JPG

The support at the end closest to the cabinet was a little complicated:

Found storage space under my table saw 03- The support for the cabinet side of the mobile base i.JPG

But the support at the other end was very simple. In this photo, both supports have been screwed to the platform which is lying upside down behind the mobile base:

Found storage space under my table saw 04-The plywood with the supports screwed onto it -small.JPG

Here, the platform is in place and the scrap bin has been placed upon it:

Found storage space under my table saw 05-Plywood support in place with scrap box on top -small.JPG

And, here are a couple of photos with several systainers on the platform:

Found storage space under my table saw 06-With systainers front view -small.JPG Found storage space under my table saw 07--With systainers rear view -small.JPG

I am happy to report that the table saw is just a mobile as it was before it picked up these "hitchhikers".

Last edited:
31 Systainers? Why so few? :rofl:

Looks like a good solution, Frank. Funny how sometimes the storage space we're looking for ends up being right under our noses, huh?

Wow Frank I take it those are all for Festool tools. Good use of space under the saw. That sure is a nice sturdy looking mobile base you got their. :thumb:

Rob, I have Festool tools in only 11 of the 31 systainers. I use systainers for many non-Festool tools, for supplies such as screws and sandpaper, for glass, for a first aid kit, as a carry-on office, and for short-term transport of many things.

Just in case it is not obvious, I really like systainers and am always finding new uses for them.

31 Systainers? Why so few? :rofl:

Looks like a good solution, Frank. Funny how sometimes the storage space we're looking for ends up being right under our noses, huh?

Why so few? I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that, by this time next year, the count will be higher. They are just so handy and so adaptable to so many uses -many of the uses having nothing to do with woodworking.

Last edited:
Why so few? I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that, by this time next year, the count will be higher. They are just so handy and so adaptable to so many uses -many of the uses having nothing to do with woodworking.

No doubt. :thumb: I'm sure the possibilities are endless.