HVLP Spray Gun

Well I bought a DeVilBiss spray gun with a 1.2 tip. It sells for around $80. The guy I talked to called me and told me I could have it for $30. Anyway can't wait to go get it and give it a go. Hopefully I can learn how to use it without runs, drips or errors.:rofl:

Congratulations Bernie on a great deal, a spray gun makes a lot of difference.

I guess this would the a question for Charlie (I did not see it at your link). I have an Accruspray 240C but don't use it for small work because I only have the 1 qt cup. Is there an inexpensive gravity feed gun made for a turbine?

Last edited:
....I guess this would the a question for Charlie (I did not see it at your link). I have an Accruspray 240C but don't use it for small work because I only have the 1 qt cup. Is there an inexpensive gravity feed gun made for a turbine?

I am not an expert on spray guns... just the ones I use. When I had to replace my turbine gun (parts are no longer available for the once popular Turbinaire line), I was extremely pleased with the service, advice, and selection from www.spraygunworld.com . Be sure to focus on woodworking, or their site becomes overwhelming. Since I prefer gravity feed, that would have been my choice, but they said there wasn't a gravity feed turbine gun that they recommended - They could sell me one, but they suggested I choose something else. (I was so happy with the CA Turbine gun they offered, at a surprisingly low price, that I bought a second gun.)

Any time I have paid less than $100 for a gun, I wished I hadn't wasted my money... cheap and good don't usually go together with spray guns. My cup style CA turbine guns cost $125 delivered. Having said I could clean it in 1 1/2 minutes, I recently timed myself, starting after the finish was drained, working in a sink with running water, I was done in 89 seconds. I never put finish from the gun back in the original container - but I use 8 ounce Jam Jars for the remnants from the gun, and start with that finish the next time I spray.

I use shellac a lot (75%); does anyone spray shellac with a turbine or is the heat too much?
Charles, I wanted a gravity fed also so that I could just use a couple of ounces and hopefully have a quick cleanup. Thanks for your reply.
Mike