Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday 3-30 Edition

Friday 3-30 Edition

Friday again, (it's like it happens every 7 days, I can't figure it out.)

So what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, need to put rear brakes on the Tahoe, front brakes on the truck, yard work, home work. Oh, Larry is stopping by sometime, I about forgot.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Birthday party for my BIL tonight. Tomorrow brings yardwork and shop time then some BBQ and watch the Final Four. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

Sunday more shop time and softball practice for the daughter.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

I gotta leave shortly and go to philly for some party. Id rather be home in my dusty garage, but if I dont go I could end up a single man. Uh, wait a minute, maybe I should rethink my weekend. hmmmmmm?
    Human Test Dummy

Saturday some more work on the shop expansion, some work on a curlie maple bathroom vanity for my son and DIL and I believe a bonfire and smoked brisket, maybe, in the evening at my sons and DIL's house Sunday more of the same with some rest incorporated.

Well, mowing either tonight or tomorrow (maybe both), then have a bunch of leaves to clear out of beds around the pool. Also working on the CNC trying out new software to convert files for it. I'm planning to build another motorcycle rocker for a friend's daughter and a couple to sell, so may get some of those parts milled out.

I can't shoot firearms in my little neighborhood and the range is about 40 minutes away, so I've ordered two bb pistols for target practice. I've been using a cardboard box with folded up plastic sheeting inside as a trap, but planning to upgrade from the cardboard box to something a little more permanent in the back of the shop as a bb trap.

I should have this one today, it's about the size of my Ruger, so will be good for quick draw practice: http://www.airgundepot.com/smith-and...bb-pistol.html

This one won't be here til next week and is close to the size of one of my other regular carry guns. Reviews have been good and looks to be like the real thing (other than the kick, which I've heard they simulated pretty well too): http://www.airgundepot.com/refurbish...7-caliber.html
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Finish up some kitchen painting along with replacing a section of under-layment beneath the frig{dang leaking self defrost}, possibly start on a small microwave cart/storage unit.
    Too nasty outside for enjoyable yard work. Aslo plan on a trip to the borg for some compost, manure etc. for the garden area. Need to make some room in the shed, for the log splitter a friend of mine is going to leave here till later this fall...oh yeah, hang up the maul for a season lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    This one won't be here til next week and is close to the size of one of my other regular carry guns. Reviews have been good and looks to be like the real thing (other than the kick, which I've heard they simulated pretty well too): http://www.airgundepot.com/refurbish...7-caliber.html
    I thinks I will be talking with the wifey about that last one and setting up a range in my shop also, I like that

Mow......spread grass seed.....fertilize.

Mill the edges of the top for the entertainment center I'm building, mount the top and begin the sanding and finishing process.
    Ken
    ------

Not really woodworking, but sometime this weekend I plan to finish some set-up work I've been doing on a friend's guitar. It's a Fender Stratacoustic...cool guitar, but when I got it, it played like a $5.00 flea market junker. It'll be easier to play when I get done with it.

Also have a birthday party to go to Saturday, and if the weather holds up, I may try to make it to the outdoor shooting range Sunday. I've been visiting the indoor range pretty regularly, but I'd like to get outdoors where I can shoot at some longer distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    ...I should have this one today, it's about the size of my Ruger, so will be good for quick draw practice: http://www.airgundepot.com/smith-and...bb-pistol.html...
    Ooh...that's cool. I have the compact version of the real thing, but the BB model would be a lot of fun. I see they also have a SIG P226 replica, too. That's another one of my favorites.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Charity trivial pursuit tournament tonight. Daughter's birthday in Toronto on Sunday, following my wife around on Saturday.