Friday 3-30 Edition

Well, I'm a day late and many dollars shorter. In another thread, I told about our quick trip to visit my wife's mom near B'ham, AL. It was good to get back home today - 600 mile round trip - there Thursday afternoon and back today. Praise the Lord we have a nice road trip car with Sirius satellite radio!

Sunday will be a crash day for sure. Coffee, tea and newspaper - brunch - Nascar - ???

Saturday's walk pretty much bushed me so I didn't get a lot done in the afternoon... We went to a Cider tasting instead :thumb:

Today G came over and helped cut up the logs from his tree. First we had to build a sled, I made the first pass at the miter guide out of poplar (strip of wood routed to hold washers flush on the bottom and then screwed to the plywood top), but it was a little cross grain and split about half way through the batch so made a new piece out of a 6.5' piece of UHMW that luckily I had and was the right thickness. That worked a lot better and we managed to finish it up before dark.

IMG_0562.JPG
The Sled. If anyone asks how much of my resaw I use.. its ALL of it :rofl:

IMG_0565.JPG
One of the slabs, this one was running a wee bit crooked, but mostly they came out pretty good.

IMG_0569.JPG
The pile before I treated the ends... umm yeah that will happen tomorrow! Today its time for :beer:

There's another pile of turning pieces I didn't get a picture of :woohoo: