long lasring exterior paint

I have used Behr products for many years. For exterior paint that does not break the bank, this would be my choice

You don't say where you're located, Michael - and that would help a lot.

Weather is the main factor in determining paint longevity.

Heavy sunlight, usually on the South and West sides, can cause rapid paint failure. When I lived in SoCal, I need repainting on the South side of my eaves and fascia almost yearly, regardless of prep. When I lived in a wooded area in South Carolina, it was the moss, mold, and mildew on the East and North sides that needed frequent attention. When I lived near Seattle, in the Pacific Northwest, it was again mostly the North side, but the near-constant moisture caused problems all around.

You'll noticed I mentioned "prep." That's another major factor. The surface under the paint needs to be clean and dry before the paint is applied, and any bare spots need primer. Don't just put paint over bare wood. I used to preferoil-based primer because I always felt I got better penetration, sealing, and coverage than with the water-based stuff. I understand the newer water-based primers are better, but I haven't tried them. I do like the water based top coats, though, and they adhere well to thouroghly dried oil primer (I let the primer dry for a couple days.) Brands I've used in the past were Behr, Olympic 'Overcoat,' and Lucite. All worked very well for me. Benjamin Moore paint is very good, too, but pricier than the others. I tried Sears 'Weatherbeater,' but didn't like it. It didn't hold up well to mildew in the PNW, or dry hot sun in SoCal for me. YMMV...