Crazy shipping Woodcraft / FedEx rant

On 3-26 I place an order with Woodcraft. 3-27 they start the shipping.
3-28 package is in Ohio.
3-29 package is in Earth City, MO.
3-30 package is still in Earth City, MO.
3-31 St Louis, Mo. 3-31 Evansville, In. That's not too bad, only 45 miles from the house. Expected delivery, 4-2.
4-1 Earth City , MO.
4-3 still at Earth City, MO and expected deliver is 4-5.

Now I hope I am not the only one who sees this as strange. I have sent an email to WC asking them to try and explain how their shipper, does shipping. I would not have ordered the item, if I had not needed it.

Yeah, have see that with Fedex as well a few times, but at least the packages show up undamaged like my brown deliveries. Had a fedex last week that was suppose to be there on Tuesday, took off a bit early to be sure someone was there, even saw them drive by, never stopped. The tracking showed "delivery exception, no delivery attempted"...well duh, did come the next day though. We live far enough south of the metro that we don't always get our deliveries when they say they will.

About the only good thing I have to say about FedEx is that they deliver on Saturday. Never mind the fact that about one out of every three deliveries is somehow mangled, distorted, or outright destroyed.

OTOH, the stuff I get from UPS is hardly ever a problem, and they deliver when they say they will. On occasion, the UPS driver will even come into the shop to see what I'm working on. Good guy, and even the dog likes him! :D

It's not that 'SmartPost' type of shipping is it? That's where the carrier like UPS or Fedex handles getting the package from point A to Point 'Almost' B then hands it off to the post office to take it to you house. That has to be the slowest form of shipping I've seen...

It's not that 'SmartPost' type of shipping is it? That's where the carrier like UPS or Fedex handles getting the package from point A to Point 'Almost' B then hands it off to the post office to take it to you house. That has to be the slowest form of shipping I've seen...

Express Scripts, my prescription provider uses that method, and it's downright infuriating. I've tracked FedEx's part to the local USPS Distribution Center (ten miles from here), and then had it take another week for the PO to finally get the package to me. Outright ridiculous!

LOML has worked in logistics for a global company for 15 years. Stephen's story is quite tame compared to some of the stuff she has shared with me :rolleyes:. There are actual valid reasons for a package to ping-pong around; location in trailer, truck and or trailer switching, someone else's delivery causes a delay, etc. There are also some really wild things that you would never think could ever happen . . . oh, and then there's Murphy.

I've always had great luck with fed ex. the packages always arrive earlier that expected. ups quite often delivers my stuff next door:dunno:

I love the post office but sometimes I get a package from across the country in 2 days and other times 8 days. from the same shipper :huh:

Well WC is making it right, for sure. I didn't ask them too or anything, I just pointed out how the shipping is a hassle. Another woodworking company for the good list.