Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When it rains it pours

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan

When it rains it pours

This past Thursday evening our friend & neighbor of the past 28 yrs passed on to meet her maker. It was her time I suppose as she was in her eighties, but it still comes with a taste of shock, sadness & a tid-bit of relief that she no longer suffers. I'm sure going to miss her, along with the countless pies & goodies she was constantly leaving us in gratitude, as we wouldn't accept her cash offers when we snow-blowed her driveway or cut the grass etc...

Friday morning, Scott, my neighbor 2 doors down and good a friend of mine for the 10 yrs he's lived here, called to inform me, that his dad was one of the 2
    involved in a horrendous auto accident early that morning that shut down a busy intersection for over 5 hours. He hung on unto Saturday afternoon. I had the
    pleasure of chatting with him numerous times over the years, and he was one of the good guys, who also will be sorely missed.

6:15 this morning my Mother in law left this world for her next adventure. She was 83 and more mother to me than my birth mother could of ever been considered. Natural causes of aging laid claim on her as well. Blessings are counted as she didn't hesitate long to move on.

Anyways, this post was just a little self therapy and hopefully, a reminder to tell those you love & care for, how you feel while there's still time.
    My apologies if I'm a little quiet this next couple of days {and no I won't hold it against those who are smiling about that statement }

I hope it's true, how some say "they come in 3's'...don't know if I could handle another right's tuff when your favorite lil' snort loses all flavor.

Thomasville, GA
    Condolences for your losses, Ken. It's never easy, but you'll get through it. Our prayers are with you.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Los Angeles, CA
    My deepest condolences to you, Ken.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

Reno NV
    That's a tough week Ken... Nothing but support coming your way...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Well Ken, I was just going to post a Rant about having to spend $1400 on a new compressor for the heat pump/AC unit but after reading your post I'll keep quite and count my blessings. Thoughts and prayers you way.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

ABQ NM
    Sincere condolences to you and also to your wife, Ken. It's never easy losing a mom.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

North West Indiana
    I'll second what Vaughn said with his permission.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

Kansas City, Missouri
    Sorry to hear about all the losses Ken, will keep you all in our thoughts.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Delton, Michigan
    sorry to hear of your loss ken.. just remeber the good times and that they are now watching over you and yours from the clouds..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

new york city burbs
    sorry to hear.
    Human Test Dummy