Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Straw..

Last Straw..

well some of you whom i have meet in person and had long chats with, know that for many years now my job was on the edge. printing isnt a solid profession anymore. technology has changed it immensely.. well i was to go back to work tomorrow and get back in the saddle doing what i had done for 28 yrs,, but i got phone call that said my job was terminated, the rest are there but my part isnt and the company had been sold to another that he had shipped work to for some time..makes it hard to swallow when a lesser senior person is still there and i am the one to get the walking papers.. so now i am going to be looking for a new road to travel down in my future and the Tours will have to end till finances allow me to do them again.. i regret that i have to say this as i have enjoyed everyone i took, and will miss the chance to see each and everyone of you that i was able to and those that i wanted to meet next year.. so thanks for the opportunity to meet those i have and be part of your life for a little while.. and maybe if you ever get up my way you can carry on what i started.. if anyone on here knows about the availability of getting schooling paid for threw the gov for displaced jobs i would appreciate you getting in touch. thanks again the semi retired Ambassador...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I am sorry to hear this, Larry, but there are often golden threads in the ashes. I am sure you are surfing for ideas for training but start with your local unemployment offices. They should have information about retraining. Any idea what you want to learn?
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I know you, however, and I know you are not one to lie on the ground after having been knocked down. You get back up and get right back into the fray. Good things will come of this. In the mean time, we all know you can make a kick-a hoosier cabinet. Time to make a few extra $$ in the shop!

PS. I've made the trip to Larry's twice and have rarely felt more welcome anywhere. Since the ambassador can't go to the mountain, time for the mountains among us to go to the ambassador!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    wow Larry that really sucks. Take a day or two and re group. Then start out on your search. If I can help in any way you have my phone number give me a call.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I have no words bud

Sorry to hear this, Larry. With your experience in the printing industry, I hope you won't have trouble finding something soon. I wish you the very best in your job search and hope that you will be able to continue the tradition of tour-de-wood in the future.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

Just adding my support to the choir.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Sorry to hear that.

Here's to hoping you come out better than you were before!

i wasnt going to post anything on this but i felt the forum deserved to know that the tours were gonna be on hold for now and why.. i do feel that the forum is family and deserved this info.. as for where i am headed ,, well printing isnt it.. i dont go back for seconds on a hot fire.. i have been in construction and am licensed to do that so i might grab the hammer again.. got some connections yet and might be able to get some work that way..but as for training carol, i was thinking of woodworking training,, maybe not the best avenue and if you have any insight on that feel free to pm or email me..home address not the work one because that is gone now
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Ouch, that hurts. Here's hoping that this is an opportunity in disguise. My daughter's company got into trouble and shut down. She went through all the terrible stuff that hits a person suddenly being unemployed through events outside their control. Then after a few months (that seemed like years) all of a sudden she ended up with multiple job offers and is back to work.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke