Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Face planing, I think.

Yeah! I will never forget the first use of a plane after I had the WorkSharp 3000 (for sharpness) and the Veritas low angle plane (very easy to adjust very accurately). What a feeling. I started using a plane on everything (and I am really an electric power person). As someone else said, the sound, the smoothness, the feel of the wood, etc. really can get to you.

I have several planes now. However, my go to plane is the least expensive of the bunch; a wonderful FWW member made a wooden plane with Hock iron. It didn't cost me a cent and it is easy to adjust. The iron makes it rock solid. It is easy to sharpen and put back to work. And, as I said, a wonderful man made it for me---Take a bow Toni Ciuraneta of Barcelona (a country within a country).

Don't worry. I am not going to convert to Neanderthal---I'm too old.

Enjoy,

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C Bradley View Post
    \
    Don't worry. I am not going to convert to Neanderthal---I'm too old.
    Isn't that an oxymoron? I'm more of a neanderthal by nature and a power tool user due to expediency (vroom!!!).

I'd have to agree the feeling of taking a looooonnnnggg shaving of indeterminate thinness (I admit to having fondled, caressed, unrolled and generally admired but not to having measured my shavings ) in one pass is a weirdly satisfying feeling. Embrace the dark side!

And a coffee can of those shavings are the best charcoal lighter I have found.

Good share Roger. May we all continue to have those Eureka moments as we move down the trail.
    Be excellent to each other. - Rufus

Endevour to persevere.
    -Lone Watie, quoting the Secretary of the Interior