Waiting for the cops to show up.

Chuck Thoits

Got this off CL last night for 50 bucks. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: I think it was made in 1970. It has aluminum wheels with real rubber tires.
Second one is yet another hall tree in the works.

Attachments

• tn_bandsaw 001.JPG
    tn_bandsaw 001.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 147
  • tn_bandsaw 002.JPG
    tn_bandsaw 002.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Ok i am off to get the cops and come and get my lost property. :)

What make is it Chuck and does motor still work?

What a score.

Nice hall tree ya would think the customer would have liked it before winter no?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Rob it's a Rockwell I believe from before the merge with delta. As for the motor yes and it cuts ok too.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wouldn't that make me the long ranger.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Wasn't he one of the good guys??:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I didn't have time to Photoshop the striped shirt. :D

burgler.gif

Well after putting a new "elcheapo" blade on I was able to get this done today.
Second one is of the bottom of the drawer for the hall tree. Looks like a dragon to me:thumb::thumb:
How ever I was not able to get a handle on the shelf brackets I was posed to make.They are 18" X 18" and I just can't get the shape to look right:huh::huh:

Attachments

• tn_shop 002.JPG
    tn_shop 002.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 28
  • tn_shop 001.JPG
    tn_shop 001.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I had one just like it and I think it's more like late 70s or early 80s but has good bones. I hot-rodded mine with new tires, ceramic guides, a 1.5hp Leeson motor, MDF panels glued to the insides of the base for vibration dampening, a new spring, link belt, and probably several other things I'm forgetting. Got it working great, then a week or so later a friend offered me a deal on a 17" Grizzly I couldn't pass up so I ended up selling it.

so I ended up selling it.

:eek: :huh:

They seem like they be a good pair. The little guy for smaller scroll blades and the 17" griz for resaw blades. I mean bandsaws are like handplanes, you can never have to many :D

I gotta say Chuck for $50 you plumb stole that saw :thumb:, I'd probably feel bad and have to give the guy another $25 or so. I wish we saw deals like that around here ... or maybe not.. the garage is kinda full as it is :rofl: