Festool Vac Accesories

Doug Shepard

In Memorium
Hoping to head off Festool's 4/1/07 price increase, I want to pic up a couple of things for the CT-33. For those that are also using the Festool Vac as a general shop vac - what size hose are you using? I'm leaning towards going with the 2" but none of the cleaning kits with Systainers have 2" hose. They're all the 1-7/16" hose. I'm sure I dont need all the widgets in the cleaning kits but if I go with 2" hose, I'd have to pick up one or two widgets plus the Systainer which probably works out more expensive. And what about Anti-Static vs. standard hose? Any thoughts???

Doug, I bought 4 accessories for my CT22 vac, three of which I would buy again, one of which I would not.

Those that I would buy again are:
The universal cleaning set (454 769). This comes with a 36 mm hose that is not anti static. Of course, I also have the 27 mm antistatic hose that comes with the vacuum. I use the 36mm hose a lot, the main jobs being (1) with my Festool router and (2) when using the vac as a shop vac. The hose works well in both cases and I don’t seem to be bothered by the fact that it is not anti-static.

The long-life filter bag (456 737). I use my vacuum enough that I can justify this over the cost of replaceable bags.

The suction hose holder (487 072).​
The one that I would not buy again is the dirt trap (452 925). I have hardly ever had a use for it.

Frank
Thanks. I couldn't find a pic of 487072 on the Festool USA site and had to go to Deutschland
Festool 487072

Do you know what the advantage/disadvantage is over the other type?
http://www.festoolusa.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=452998&ID=6

How high above the vac does the 487072 stick up? It looks pretty tall.

That's strange, it is in my printed Festool USA catalogue.

This is the only hose holder that I have used so I can't talk about pros and cons. All I can say it that the one I have works very well for me.

It's on the Festool USA site and it's in stock, but there's just no pic there. It's right underneath the other one I linked to and I wanted to see what the difference was.

I have this set and use it all the time. Very well made and all metal. I think the D36 hose is plenty big enough. I don't fill my bags with turning shavings or the like but everything else easily passes through the hose.

Since I use my vac 99% of the time in my shop, I don't store the hose in the Systainer. I hang both the hose and wand.

I have this set and use it all the time. Very well made and all metal. I think the D36 hose is plenty big enough. I don't fill my bags with turning shavings or the like but everything else easily passes through the hose.

Since I use my vac 99% of the time in my shop, I don't store the hose in the Systainer. I hang both the hose and wand.
Bill that's the more expensive version of thje set that I have. I expect that most of the cost difference is in the anti-static hose that you have. Do you really think that your set is worth the extra cost? The regular hose has given me no problems at all.

Frank, I absolutely can not use a non AS hose in my shop in the winter for shop vacuuming...I get zapped constantly. I can use the non-as hose for the tools as static discharge doesnt seem to be a problem with them.

So in my situation, I would not want to have the D36 non-AS hose plus I really like the metal wand and floor nozzle.

If you want to cut down on get zapped by non antistatic plastic/rubber, wipe it down with amorall. It works great at keeping dust from sticking to all the plastic stuff that might be in the shop.
Al

Thanks for all the input. I ended up ordering the Cleaning set for Tradesmen #454766 and a Systainer for Sanding disks #487431. Going to skip the hose hanger options for now as I think the vac will probably be slid at least partially underneath some other stuff when not in use and any upward projecting hanger might just be in the way. I can always add it on later. Think I ended up avoiding $21 in prices increases by buying now.