T-track?

I am finishing the entertainment center I started and am planning my next project. Photos to come once it's finished.

Next I am going to build Norm's deluxe router table. I plan on getting some kind of lift, steel plate and probably a 3 1/4 HP motor to leave in the table.

I notice that Woodcraft sells Incra T-track, Rockler has their house brand and Woodpecker has Woodpeck, Universal and Incra.

Has anybody used any or all of those and is there any significant difference?

Thanks

I've used the blue Rockler T-track, and Woodpecker's red version. I didn't really see any real difference between the two aside from the color.

I think they are all pretty much the same. Some have some extra features like the Kreg with the wider mount and space for something else. I personally got the silver aluminum heavy duty 8' sections from Peachtree years ago at the local woodworking show. It has held up well, and came with 4 knobs and bolts. In fact, I need one more section for the assembly table I'm building. Jim.

Somebody (Kreg?) makes a track section for router tables that has a T-track and a miter guage slot milled into the same piece. If I were building a new router table today, that's what i'd use.

My favorite T-track, though, is the one that I get from Hartville Hardware. It has their own brand name on the label, but it sure looke like the same one that Woodpeckers sells, too. I buy a lot of my stuff from Hartville Hardware, simply because they're fairly local (~40 miles) to me, and they have an outstanding record for both quality and customer service.

Somebody (Kreg?) makes a track section for router tables that has a T-track and a miter guage slot milled into the same piece. If I were building a new router table today, that's what i'd use.

My favorite T-track, though, is the one that I get from Hartville Hardware. It has their own brand name on the label, but it sure looke like the same one that Woodpeckers sells, too. I buy a lot of my stuff from Hartville Hardware, simply because they're fairly local (~40 miles) to me, and they have an outstanding record for both quality and customer service.

hey that's pretty cool.
http://www.kregtool.com/ComboTrak-48-combination-miter-mini-trak-Prodview.html

If you don't have the plans and DVD yet Ken let me know I have them and would be happy to loan them out.

Thanks Bob. I have had the plans and DVD for over a year. In another week or 2 I should have the entertainment center done. Then I will blow the dust off the DVD and plans and get with it. Thanks again!

I know that my son, Glenn, has Incra and Rockler. A few weeks ago he made a casual remark about wishing they were all the same. I think he had a slight preference for the Incra for some reason---Notice all of the positive statements: "casual," "I think" and "slight." I suggest that you PM him.

I have only the blue Rockler. I don't have any major complaints and I might have the same complaints with all of the others. It seems that things could slide a bit easier in the track and junctions could be smoother.

Enjoy,

JimB

I have the old and new Rockler, Peachtree generic and Incra. Since I started with 5/16" systems and then acquired some 1/4" systems, any new stuff is built with Rockler's Universal track which accepts 5/16" t-bolts, 1/4" t-bolts and 1/4" hex head bolts. There may be others that accept multiple head styles too. None of the versions I have perform poorly but, do have different capabilities.

For router table Jim D hit it with the Kreg.

But i have also experiemced different heights in the T track i have purchased.

Started out using Rockler then somewhere i purchased a couple of intersecting cross joint pieces and they were higher than the norm.
Seems some can take the head of a hex bolt and others only the flat t shaped bolt.
As long as you stick to a particular manufacturer all is cool.

Kreg has some nice extrusions worth looking at also for the fence top to hold hold downs.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk