Scrapbooking

Anybody have a significant other that is into scrapbooking? I need a little advice on a gift for the wife. Looking at one of the Cricut machines and don't know which one to get.

Don't have any advice on what one to get, but my boss moonlights at a scrapbooking store to offset what she spends doing it. What really happens is that she doesn't really get a paycheck from the store...it's all spent.

And I thought woodworking was a slippery slop...:eek:

My wife is a reformed Scrapbooker... She has pretty much entirely converted from scrap books to photobooks. :dunno:

My sister, on the other hand, loves her cricut, but I'm sorry I don't know which one it is. I seem to recall that this is one of those evil "get all the accessories" things... She had stacks of cartridges for it. :doh:

Last edited:
I looked at them a while back for my wife also. Some of the newer ones let you hook them up to the computer, but it wasn't what I thought it would be. What I found was that can do design work on the computer, but you still need the cartridges to use any design patterns in the software. I want to say they gave you the designs to use, but you had to purchase the cartridges to be able to use them. Check reviews on-line, some had great reviews, others did not.

Will check with a friend to see what his wife has and see I can get some feedback for you.

A Cricut is sorta like a router - you pay a hundred bucks for the machine, then start layin' out fifty bucks a pop for the bits (or in this case, dies). Pretty soon, you've got some real money expended...

Thanks for the review link Don, I had not found that one. Will take all the info you can find guys. I can't say too much and accessories for the thing, she does say much to me. And probably should.

I had ta ask the LOML as she has one. We actually bought it for the MIL for Christmas one year. LOML helps her do her scrapebooking so it lives here now. We have the smallest Circut, that uses a 6x12 piece of paper the next one will use a 12x12. The high end models cut more than just paper. We get along with the small unit, but it would be nice to have the next larger unit. There are some that can be hooked to the computer for other designes.