Thread: Tryin' on my shorts!

Tryin' on my shorts!

Greetings all

Despite the nice weather of the past two days, it is still frozen up here in PA. But, I am trying on my shorts and other summer gear because I am on my way to F.L.A.! Yes, on Friday I get to show the friendly people who work for the TSA at Philadelphia International Airport my turning tools and other implements of mass destruction (if you are a tree). I am on my way to Pensacola to do a demo for the really friendly folks in the panhandle. Then, I get to spend a couple of days with our oldest daughter who lives about 75 miles east of Pensacola, before heading to Tampa, where I just might end up frolicking with the coeds on the beach for spring break. Then, I have two days of demo and workshop in the Tampa area before flying home, hoping that all the snow is gone by the time I return.

If anyone here is in one of the clubs where I will be demonstrating, please come up and identify yourself. I will look forward to seeing some of you there!

Bill
    Bill Grumbine

www.wonderfulwood.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Grumbine View Post
    ...heading to Tampa, where I just might end up frolicking with the coeds on the beach for spring break....
    Does Lisa know about that?
    Jim D.

They aren't pink are they? Sheriff Joe might get after you.
    I shouldn't a said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    Yeah, and she says she is not too worried.
    Bill Grumbine

www.wonderfulwood.com

Steve Clardy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post

Bill,

In all seriousness, I don't think the TSA will let your turning tools in the cabin of the airplane. Perhaps you should plan on checking them with your baggage, well packaged, of course.

I am sorry to say I'll have to miss 5 Barns this year, as I will be in class with C. H. Becksvoort at Kelly Mehler's that week.

Sounds like a great trip to FL! If you have time, there is a really nice aviation museum at NAS Pensacola that would be well worth your time.

If you're in the area where Bill will be visiting [other than the beach maybe ], be sure and take the opportunity to meet him.

He will hopefully bring the most versatile shop tool with him and demonstrate it's uses [just not on the beach ].

Safe trip Bill and post some pics when you get back.

Karl
    Last edited by Karl Laustrup; 03-12-2007 at 12:03 PM.

Martin, I am not even going to try and carry my tools on board. They are going in checked luggage, although there is still the chance they will have to be inspected. I am going to leave my air helmet behind, just in case it looks "scary". Besides, it takes up a lot of room. A simple face shield will do the job for this trip.

Karl, if you mean that tool we all got out there in LaCrosse from Tyler, I am sorry to report that mine is gone. My middle daughter took it away from me since it fits her better. The worst part is, I can see her telling her future husband, "this used to be my Dad's!"

Bill
    Bill Grumbine

www.wonderfulwood.com

Yeah, and she says she is not too worried.
    Could the shorts have anything to do with that?
    Jim

Karl, if you mean that tool we all got out there in LaCrosse from Tyler, I am sorry to report that mine is gone. My middle daughter took it away from me since it fits her better. The worst part is, I can see her telling her future husband, "this used to be my Dad's!"

Bill

Now there's a family story for the ages.

Karl