Tryin' on my shorts!

Bill Grumbine

Greetings all

Despite the nice weather of the past two days, it is still frozen up here in PA. But, I am trying on my shorts and other summer gear because I am on my way to F.L.A.! Yes, on Friday I get to show the friendly people who work for the TSA at Philadelphia International Airport my turning tools and other implements of mass destruction (if you are a tree). I am on my way to Pensacola to do a demo for the really friendly folks in the panhandle. Then, I get to spend a couple of days with our oldest daughter who lives about 75 miles east of Pensacola, before heading to Tampa, where I just might end up frolicking with the coeds on the beach for spring break. Then, I have two days of demo and workshop in the Tampa area before flying home, hoping that all the snow is gone by the time I return.

If anyone here is in one of the clubs where I will be demonstrating, please come up and identify yourself. I will look forward to seeing some of you there!

Bill

Bill,

In all seriousness, I don't think the TSA will let your turning tools in the cabin of the airplane. Perhaps you should plan on checking them with your baggage, well packaged, of course.

I am sorry to say I'll have to miss 5 Barns this year, as I will be in class with C. H. Becksvoort at Kelly Mehler's that week.

Sounds like a great trip to FL! If you have time, there is a really nice aviation museum at NAS Pensacola that would be well worth your time.

If you're in the area where Bill will be visiting [other than the beach maybe:D ], be sure and take the opportunity to meet him.

He will hopefully bring the most versatile shop tool with him and demonstrate it's uses [just not on the beach;) :eek: :D ].

Safe trip Bill and post some pics when you get back. :thumb:

Karl

Last edited:
Martin, I am not even going to try and carry my tools on board. They are going in checked luggage, although there is still the chance they will have to be inspected. I am going to leave my air helmet behind, just in case it looks "scary". Besides, it takes up a lot of room. A simple face shield will do the job for this trip.

Karl, if you mean that tool we all got out there in LaCrosse from Tyler, I am sorry to report that mine is gone. My middle daughter took it away from me since it fits her better. The worst part is, I can see her telling her future husband, "this used to be my Dad's!" :eek:

Bill