Thread: Dad's Pellet Gun

Kansas City, Missouri

Dad's Pellet Gun

I started shooting this Crosman 130 .22 pellet gun when I was probably 13, which is about the same age my dad was when he got it. It's now about 59 years old, made in 1953.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0839.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	66631

I probably shot it for two or three summers and then the seals began to fail and wouldn't hold pressure. I put it in one of my gun cases and it's sat in there since I've left home. With all the air gun stuff I've been doing lately I decided it was time to get it working again. I found an o-ring rebuild kit on ebay a couple of weeks ago and got it rebuilt this past week. I picked up some .22 pellets last night. Had to do one slight adjustment on the rear site, but it's working like new again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0841.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	66632

Also did some touch-ups to the furniture using some Linspeed. I think Dad will enjoy shooting this again this summer when he gets back from down south.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Reno NV

My dad stole my Sheridan pellet Rifle I bought at K&K hardware in Bettendorf Ia with money I earned on my paper route.

He won't give it back to this day.

But that's ok, I've traded up on several other items from him over the years
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

ABQ NM
    Cool. That's definitely an old classic.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Brings back some great memories
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Delton, Michigan
    got my old crossman 177 and thought my son which i didnt get would use it,then maybe a daughter but they didnt use it either,,,glad your dad has interest in it
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Yorktown, Virginia
    Similar story here. I used to shoot my dad's crossman down in the basement into a home made bullet trap so i could reuse the pellets. I inherited it when he died and, like yours the seals were shot. I had the original case and paperwork, which indicated the gun had a lifetime guarantee, so I sent it off to crossman and they repaired it at no cost. I still enjoy shooting it.

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean
    That pic sure brought back memories. I got my doc degree and license in 1951, A few years later I purchased that Crossman pistol. Some time later I purchased a .177 Crossman pistol that used compressed CO2 for the power. I shot a lot of pellets with each of them. I cannot remember what I did with either of them---It was a long time ago.

First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.