Routing a bead on an odd shape

Mark Muhr

Hey all. It's been a while since I've posted here but I've recently started working part time at a custom furniture shop again. We recently had to do a little problem solving to fulfill the customers wishes. They wanted a bead down the side of a table pedestal that had a shape that made it impossible to route in a standard way. Carving is always an option but we came up with a router jig that allowed us to cut way down on the carving time. It worked pretty well so I decided to shoot a video to share. Hope you guys like it.

Mark

thanks mark for sharing that video with us, had a sleigh bed some time back that could have used a solution similiar to that.. but opted to go without because of the lack of know how to get there:)

Great idea Mark, sometimes coming up with solutions like that are what makes the project fun. BTW, the video was good and had good sound too. Appreciate you sharing.

Thanks for the compliments all. I'm still pretty new to the video thing, but I like doing it. I've made a few videos so far and have plans for some more. We'll see how it goes, but it's so easy now to get media out now. My boss at Renaissance has approached some of the woodworking mags with ideas for articles and been rebuffed. I've found that I can gain pretty good audience with YouTube videos instead. So as long as people keep watching, I'm gonna keep doing them, and I'll post em up when I do. :thumb: