Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Participated Quick Link

Participated Quick Link

I have Tapatalk on my phone and one of features that I really like is that it has three tabs which represent searches; Unread, All and Participated. The Participated gives me all the threads that I have posted on. I think having a quick link called Participated that would bring up all threads that I have posted to, the latest first, would be great. Is that possible?
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

I just want to correct what the "Participated" search is. It is a search of new posts from only those threads that I have participated (posted) in.
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

Not sure Bill, I'm sure we can come up with something though...give me a few days. Just got home a few minutes ago and got a busy day tomorrow and Thursday.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

As a recent tapatalk convertee... I'm sold in a big way.

Bill, what you describe is pretty much how the Participated tab works right out of the box. No need for switches to be flipped on the forum end at all. It is a settings thing in Tapatalk itself. My itouch is upstairs, so I'm describing from memory, but if I recall correctly that's how it works.
    -Ned

Hi,

To see all of the posts you have made. The most recent first. All you have to do is click your name by your avitar. A box comes up showing: View profile, Personal Messages, View Forum Posts, etc. All you have to do is click on "View Forum Posts" and they magically appear.

OR

You can go to the search box (it is on the right end of the line that has tabs for Forum, New Posts, Calendar, etc.). Type in your name as it appears next to your avitar. You will get the list of all threads and posts that you have participated in. They will appear with most recent first.

Enjoy,

JimB
    Last edited by Jim C Bradley; 04-11-2012 at 03:10 AM.
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Not sure Bill, I'm sure we can come up with something though...give me a few days. Just got home a few minutes ago and got a busy day tomorrow and Thursday.
    Darren, I suggest we see if any others see any value in this before you do anything. Besides I realize you have a life outside this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C Bradley View Post
    Hi,

To see all of the posts you have made. The most recent first. All you have to do is click your name by your avitar. A box comes up showing: View profile, Personal Messages, View Forum Posts, etc. All you have to do is click on "View Forum Posts" and they magically appear.

OR

You can go to the search box (it is on the right end of the line that has tabs for Forum, New Posts, Calendar, etc.). Type in your name as it appears next to your avitar. You will get the list of all threads and posts that you have participated in. They will appear with most recent first.

Enjoy,

JimB
    Jim, I am familiar with everything you pointed out, but this is a different thing. It is a search that brings up all new unread posts only from threads I have participated or posted in. The benefit in this search is it bring up only those new posts that I am expecting some response on or have a demonstrated interest in because I posted in it. It would not necessary bring up all my posts which would just add a lot of clutter.

Dang it all. I finally get a chance to act like a techie instead of a doofus and ...

Your idea sounds great. I have my e-mail inform me of all action on threads and posts I have participated in. That creates a lot of clutter also; it is not rare for me to have a hundred notifications. I only do this for FWW.

I can reply through my e-mail. What really happens there is that the email puts me into FWW at that particular post.

I do delete them wholesale. There is a box to mark all items on one page (ten of them); I click it and then un-click the one or two on the page that I want to actually work with.

So No Techie Bradley says, "Enjoy."

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    As a recent tapatalk convertee... I'm sold in a big way.

Bill, what you describe is pretty much how the Participated tab works right out of the box. No need for switches to be flipped on the forum end at all. It is a settings thing in Tapatalk itself. My itouch is upstairs, so I'm describing from memory, but if I recall correctly that's how it works.
    I'm pretty certain Bill is talking about getting that particular Tapatalk functionality in the browser-based version. Good thing we have Darren (and Brent) here, because I'd have no idea how to set this up.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

"Quick Links", then "Subscribed Threads" brings up a list of threads in which you have posted in the order of the most recent posting date/time.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Arnold View Post
    "Quick Links", then "Subscribed Threads" brings up a list of threads in which you have posted in the order of the most recent posting date/time.
    That is only if you subscribe to threads. I don't so I only have a couple that show up in the list.

This will have to be some kind of plugin or something we code, it requires the user id for your account, which has to be computed when the page is built.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault