Thread: Square Register Stand for iPad

Square Register Stand for iPad

A co-worker sent me this today...great idea if you've got an iPad and the Square app

http://www.tinkeringmonkey.com/site/...egister-stand/
    Darren

“A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.” Robert Hughes (1938-2012), Australian art critic

I saw something similar at a show I did last fall. This however is much cleaner.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website
    My Blog- Fine Curlies

Cool idea. I wonder if I could get people to swipe their credit cards and give me money.
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

very cool, have to build one of those for Lori when we set up our photo sales booth this summer.
    -Ned

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Cool Idea, Wonder is I could scale one down for my Droid....hmmm
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Probably, Would make getting signatures and such easier, but I don't think they have the "Register" part built into anything except the iPad app version.
    Darren

“A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.” Robert Hughes (1938-2012), Australian art critic

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    A quick Google search turned up a ton of Point Of Sale apps for the droids. some include Blue tooth printer and cash drawers.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Cool very cool this is ingenuity in my books. I would only make the bracket that clamps on at the end fit tighter around the square. I see that earphone style socket getting a bit beaten with loads of use. The card slide surface needs to be lined up with the surface of the wood above and below so when swiping the card its not possible to even touch the lower edge of the card.

Other than that its perfect.

I keep on thinking its absolutely amazing what these portable devices are doing and the wireless web. I am loving it every bit of the way.
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"