Thread: This works pretty well

Amherst, New Hampshire

This works pretty well

I should of made one of these long ago. Anything that keeps me from emptying the DC bag every day gets my vote

I bought the container from a guy on CL for $20.00 (didn't smell like pickles or olives either) I think the fittings cost about $14.00 from Rockler.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4204.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	66779

When it gets about 3/4 full the DC starts to suck some chips into the bag so I know it's time to dump the barrel. Other than that almost no chips get into the bag
    It's a lot easier to dump the barrel than to change the bag. The barrel is 30 gallon which is just about right for me. A bigger barrel would obviously hold more chips but would be to heavy and cumbersome for me to empty it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4205.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	66780This is about 70 bf of 4/4 ash. No muss no fuss
    Faith, Hope & Charity

ABQ NM
    That's a great size (and material) for a separator barrel. Sounds like it's doing the trick for you, too.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Kansas City, Missouri
    That is a great idea, will be checking out CL later today...

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. Robert Hughes (1938-2012), Australian art critic

GTA Ontario Canada
    Good move Bob
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"

The Gorge Area, Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    That is a great idea, will be checking out CL later today...
    Darren, if there is a local recycling center check there as well. I got a 30g drum for the price of "if you're taking one you have to take two ". They had a bunch that either had industrial food service cleaning caustic (easily neutralized with a little vinegar and washed with cool water) and "Sodium hypochlorite" (aka bleach - 12%) just lots of cool water. They also had some food barrels but they smelled like something worse than pickles after having sat in the sun for a few days

Mine didn't have the sexy clamps that Bobs has though, so that may be worth $20

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Great stuff. Thanks for sharing your experience with that rig.
    You must dare to dream but, there is no substitute for perseverance and hard work. Dana Scully

"The dust has only just begun to form
    Crop circles in the carpet" - Imogen Heap