This works pretty well

Bob Gibson

I should of made one of these long ago. Anything that keeps me from emptying the DC bag every day gets my vote :)

I bought the container from a guy on CL for $20.00 (didn't smell like pickles or olives either:rofl:) I think the fittings cost about $14.00 from Rockler.
100_4204.jpg

When it gets about 3/4 full the DC starts to suck some chips into the bag so I know it's time to dump the barrel. Other than that almost no chips get into the bag:thumb:
It's a lot easier to dump the barrel than to change the bag. The barrel is 30 gallon which is just about right for me. A bigger barrel would obviously hold more chips but would be to heavy and cumbersome for me to empty it.
100_4205.jpgThis is about 70 bf of 4/4 ash. No muss no fuss :D

That is a great idea, will be checking out CL later today...:wave:

Darren, if there is a local recycling center check there as well. I got a 30g drum for the price of "if you're taking one you have to take two :D". They had a bunch that either had industrial food service cleaning caustic (easily neutralized with a little vinegar and washed with cool water) and "Sodium hypochlorite" (aka bleach - 12%) just lots of cool water. They also had some food barrels but they smelled like something worse than pickles after having sat in the sun for a few days :eek:

Mine didn't have the sexy clamps that Bobs has though, so that may be worth $20 :D