Twin Bed for my Son

Greg Brimer

I finally got all moved and most everything set up in the house. After moving and finally having a garage to work in now I wanted to start a project. I decided to make one of my sons a twin bed. Matthias Wandel has some nice plans on his website so I used one of those. This has been real fun. Even though I am a machinist by trade I had to sit down a few times and really think about what I was doing before I messed up LOL. I have all the parts cut and I have put the bed together just to make sure it would work. I will post a finished photo once I get it stained.

bed.jpg

Good to see you have your new shop up and running, nothing better that the first project is for one of your children, great job on it so far and looking forward to the final pics:)

Well here is the finished bed. I didn't rip the 2 x 4's down to 2½ " and it shows on the side rails. I should have made the side rails longer to make up the difference but I didn't. That is the reason I have to give this project a Grade of F. I can make new side rails later but I should have done it right the first time.

Greg

bed10.jpg

bed11.jpg