What people can do with education and books.......one of my favorite nations

Rob Keeble

I have mentioned this place before but until you meet these people personally you just cannot get a feel for how great they are.

Check out this Malawian guy, I put him in the category of guys like Thomas Edison or Graham Bell.

http://www.wimp.com/africangenius/

Current forms of aid to Africa are creating dependency rather than permiting this kind of thing to take place. The ingenuity i have seen there coupled with skill goes beyond describing.

If you ever want to visit a beatufil place with great people visit Malawi. I think of kids in the western world that dont study given the opportunity free and with electricity and running water at home and then you see this and wonder.:(:huh::dunno: Once again thank goodness for the internet getting this kind of guy some exposure. Eating the elephant one bite at a time. ;)

So i guess he is a woodworker of sorts if you look at his towers.

BTW in the markets in Malawi you buy your nails in units of 1 and no thats not 1 pound or kilo or dozen or box its one, by one.

I went to Mombasa, Kenya last Sept. with my church. Our building team built a church in a town that was a two hour drive from the city into the middle of nowhere. When they got there, there was 3G available. They have a better 3G network than we do and see getting internet access as a way of moving the country and continent ahead economically. They'll get there I think.