It's Friday...the 13th edition!

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
For me I'll be getting in some lawn work tonight or tomorrow. Need to do some cleaning and organizing in my office. I think I may put together a shelving unit as well. I could also use some guitar mounts for the wall to get them off the floor in the corner, so may look around for some designs and build some (please post if you have any). Also need to do some design work on a new booth cabinet to fit the new touch screen and camera.

Watch out for those black cats! And for some of you...don't look in the mirror. :D

Thankfully they're calling for rain here the next 4 days...rest & relaxation is on my agenda...this yard work has taken it's toll on this old body.
Wife has a baby shower to attend on Saturday, and is spending Sunday with her sisters sending out thank you cards in regards to their mother's passing...so....I should have plenty of quiet time :D

I am off to pick up some bearings this afternoon. Have had some parts machined for the old delta rockwell scroll saw and decided while i was at it to replace the main bearings given its all apart again.

Then assemble and test. While having parts machined i had the machinest make up a new upper and lower chuck design for a dedicated quick release scroll saw blade operation.

Delta/Rockwell used to make a self centering lower chuck which is not around or to be had for love nor money.

I will update my post with results if all goes well. Its my hope that with a little post fitment and testing refinement this guy can put these parts on ebay and vintage machinery site for sale for others to be able to upgrade their saws if they wish. There will be a few other parts in the kit too if all goes to plan. Hopefully this upgrade breathes new life into this machine for scroll sawing. If not its definitely going out the door on sale.

Then i am on to fixing the leak on the power washer i scored at the same time that i got the scroll saw. So this weekend i am part mechanic and part woodworker.

Friday: I've had some shop time today working on the platform bed and nightstand. Tonight, I've got a date! When LOML gets home from work, we're heading to Red Lobster in Valdosta for dinner.

Saturday: Probably no shop time, unless LOML volunteers to come in here and vacuum for me. Otherwise, we plan to have a restful day watching the wind blow. Oh, yeah - the Texas race is Saturday night!

Sunday: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................................

I hope to be up and around tomorrow. Been down with flu since wed night...but I have someone keeping me from getting lonely...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334348203994.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334348203994.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 18
Just returned from Arizona. Yard work there is done for a while. Had a really great day to do it. Now the weather sucks there. Got the pulpit delivered and the oak picked up for the communion rails. So today clean out the car and empty the trailer. Dinner with a friend tonight. Laundry and a meeting tomorrow and services on Sunday. Monday night I will be in Fresno picking up the well traveled logs. WooHoo! Training in Burlingame next week. Cold, rainy, and very windy here today. Shop is a mess. Next week.... :)

So far Va . has been very good to me. I woke up 1 hour late @ % with an hour and a half drive ahead of me. I get to the farm just after 1st light and right off the bat I got 2 Tom's gobbling. Either one wanted to take me up on my offer of sounding sweet so I loaded up the vest and heading to the far back field, {I am so out of shape. Huffing and puffing my way up a long hill}. I get to the back field and 2 hens walk out and then walk off and I decided to take a cat nap but out of the corner of my eye I see 2 Toms entered the field from the far side about 200 yards out. I keep looking for them to come up over the small rise in the field about 2/3's across the field and when they did there were 3 Toms and one hen. She got spooked and went back down the rise and the Toms followed her. So I get up and crawl about 140 yards out and just before the small drop off I got up slowly on my knees and there were 3 Tom looking at me. One of them decided to look a bit to long and he paid for it.
Tomorrw I head to my friends farm for a few days of RR and hunting.