Never Saw a Snow Vehicle Like This Before!

I see him turning the steering wheel, but it looks like it is steered via braking. I only watched 1/2 of the video, maybe I missed it, but is there a rudder or something on there? Way cool, in my opinion, especially for the era it was built in.

Great for light transport. I kept waiting for a demo of it's pulling ability as the traction seems like it would be minimal. At the time and for certain locals I imagine the effort to swap drive trains could have been worth it just to haul people to town(?).

The video shows the vehicle pulling two sleds loaded with logs, 20,000 pounds. Unbelieveable. I wonder why someone hasn't tried the concept with today's technology?
Walt

i to was waiting for the pulling strength and i can attest to its power with those two loads of logs. as for the steering its like the bob cats of today you use a braking system or clutch to turn it.. to pull those two loads of logs at one time would be very difficult if possible with horses,, jonathan might have a better answer on horse power than i..neat idea and would be interesting to see how long they were around.