Thread: New tunez

New tunez

I installed a new stereo in the shop today. The speakers were from my old surround sound at my last house. My wife never liked the "wall warts", so we're installing ceiling speakers. Not to let these go to waste, I hung one in each front corner and the other two about midway in the shop.

With my old boom box I had to turn the stereo down when I had a phone call. With the additional speakers I can hear at a much lower volume.

Darren VIA tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1334552239103.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1334552210026.jpg  
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I really like good music and quality sound wherever I am. We don't use the TV sound system any more so a little adjusting shall occur. That will up my shop sound system quality without digging into the kids inheritance.

ENJOY the music and the shop,

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

I am so jealous of all that beautiful open wall space! Great re-use of components. I also have tunes in the shop. Definitely ups my enjoyment when in there.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan

Thanks guys.

I think that it not only sounds better, but from a safety stand point, I think it helps. Having multiple speakers really takes away the distraction in the shop as far as not having it turned up as loud.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

tunz are alway good till one of the speakers fall onto the floor from 8ft up,, but the marantz boxes were tough in the old days and it stillworks well just got a dent in one corner now i have safty belts on all of them maybe i had them up to high,,,V
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!