Wooden abstract madonna ( not the pop star))

If I understood well this is the right place to post things about woodcarving, if not please do tell me.

To motivate the female members of this woodworking family I thought about posting this madonna that my wife designed and sculpted about 20 years ago.

It is made of cedar wood and it is about 60cm (23 inches) tall.

Both of us look forward for your comments.

Attachments

• madonna-front.jpg
    madonna-front.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 33
  • madonna-back.jpg
    madonna-back.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 27
Very nice, Toni. I really admire people who can visualize an abstract form like this, and then make it happen. :clap:

Hi everybody, many thanks for your comments I'll pass them to my wife.
I hope that with your comments and the fact that now we will have a more proper shop to work, she'll be encouraged to make some more things.

I've been trying to convince her about that since we married.

Hi Rick, yes she made several other pieces, but this is the only one she made in wood, she made some in stone and some others in artificial stone ( one could say concrete).

If you are interested I'll ask her to let me post pictures of them, although I insist they are not made out of wood, and I do not want to be cast away from this forum because of that ;).

Thanks again to all of you on her behalf.

...If you are interested I'll ask her to let me post pictures of them, although I insist they are not made out of wood, and I do not want to be cast away from this forum because of that ;).

Thanks again to all of you on her behalf.
Please do post more pictures of her work. :) We'll pretend they're made of wood, so your membership here should remain safe. :D

Hi Vaughn.

Thanks for your indulgence;) .

Here there are some more pics of her work. I hope you'll like them.

Any comments/questions will be welcome.

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 9
  • hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 9
  • thinker.jpg
    thinker.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 10
  • torso.jpg