Thread: Duck Dynasty show

Duck Dynasty show

Anyone watch "Duck Dynasty"? It is about the Robertson clan that has made millions making duck calls. The show I watched last night on my DVR they were making a duck call to break the record on the largest duck call. They take the wood to a buddy that mounts it on a big yella lathe, but then proceeds to use a roughing gouge about the size of the ones I would use on a pen blank! It caught, it exploded, it came off of the lathe, it broke some things. Anyone else see this?? If not, watch it and be amazed.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Yeah I saw the same show - busted apart in seconds and flew to the floor in pc's.................They should have joined this forum we would have helped them with glue joints and mounting hugh ?
    First you have to learn the rules - Beginner
    Then you have to learn advanced rules - Professional
    Then you disregard the rules - This takes you to the master level................

As stupid as most of those "reality" shows are, I wouldn't be surprised if they staged that "accident" for "dramatic effect"!

No, I haven't watched the show. The promos were enough to steer me in a different direction.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Arnold View Post
    As stupid as most of those "reality" shows are, I wouldn't be surprised if they staged that "accident" for "dramatic effect"!

No, I haven't watched the show. The promos were enough to steer me in a different direction.
    Yup...after seeing the promo, some people have to much money.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Yep, they have a lot of money. Due in part to the one son's initiative/salesmanship. I greatly enjoy watching it because it is proof that the american dream can still be realized by us commoners. I also realize it is somewhat of a spoof of their life. I liken it to a modern day Beverly Hillbillies.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Jon, I saw it a couple of weeks ago. I missed most of the rest of the show, but I did catch the lathe explosion. I was thinking "Stupid is as stupid does." But I'm like you...I kinda get sucked into watching it for the Beverly Hillbilly moments.

When I set up my woodshop, I pretty much stopped watching TV. Now that I'm living somewhere without a shop, the TV has seen quite a bit more use.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

its a good time to wax and polish your turnings when its on. Alot is staged for TV but it makes polishing and hand waxing etc.- more tolerable......LOL
    First you have to learn the rules - Beginner
    Then you have to learn advanced rules - Professional
    Then you disregard the rules - This takes you to the master level................

I saw the same show and watch it all the time. I am like Jonathan in that indeed the american dream is there. Jonathan I like the one where they put a travel trailer up on a platform for a duck blind.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    I saw the same show and watch it all the time. I am like Jonathan in that indeed the american dream is there. Jonathan I like the one where they put a travel trailer up on a platform for a duck blind.
    Bernie they used a JLG telehandler to get it up there.. Excited my son as that is who he works for. Said Safety group might not have approved of everything..