Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday 4202012 edition

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

It's Friday 4202012 edition

I don't see one so I'll start on. It's gonna be warm tomarrow, could be our first 100+ day so not a lot of woodworking but I will continue my re-organization in the garage. So what have yall got on your agenda
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

ABQ NM
    Looks like it'll be pretty warm in Albuquerque, too. I think I'll be hooking up the swamp cooler this weekend.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Supposed to rain this weekend.
    Saturday fertilize and reseed the lawn before it rains. Then work on my SIL's desk. I really need to update my thread on this build
    Sunday, a few of the kids booked us a night at a nice resort up in Jackson, NH as a Christmas gift. So we are heading up early Sunday AM spending the night and coming home late Monday.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    It ws 25ºC today, which is 77 in American degrees. It will be below 12 for the restof the week, if you can believe Environment Canada. They said it would be 18º today but according to the thermometer on my dashboard it made it to 25. I'll be finishing up some projects while my wife and son do things that require heavy lifting in the garden.

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Oliver Springs, TN
    I'm hoping to get some more work done on the table this weekend. But a more pressing job is going to be replacing the radiator and heater core that started leaking a couple of days ago. I tend to take easy jobs and make them harder than they should be. That's just one of the many talents I have!

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    More yard work, weather permitting....some flag stone & patio stone pathways to lay and then maybe get some grass seed down...still haven't made it to the veggie garden area yet....been grumbling the whole way, but enjoying it all as well

Santa Claus, In
    Our youth turkey season starts tomorrow and the girls have ask to go, so what is a guy to do? Guess I will be in the turkey woods most of the weekend.

School is wrapping up and the outcome is better than expected.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Kansas City, Missouri
    My parents are camping in the driveway, so spending some time with them. Went to a fund raiser that my BIL & SIL are helping out at tonight for a bit. Tomorrow got some yard stuff to do. Going to get dad's advice and help on some shop organization. Also have a co-worker that has decided to take up chair caning. Her dad used to do it and she found a chair on CL for $5 and caning supplies for $5 on another listing. The chair needs some re-gluing, so taking care of that this weekend for her.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Escondido, CA
    Got home today for the second time in two weeks. One week, Arizona. Got the pulpit delivered. The next week, California. Required workshop and picked up the logs. This week, Nevada, catching up, both on church stuff and in the shop. Clean up time in the shop and laundry time in the house. Got some pastoral visits to do do as well. Weekends are work days for me.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean
    Just puttered putting the shop back into its new order. (I do know that is not the true English. However it did say what I meant it to say.)

I put a few new holes in my Virgin Wall. Did some stuff to the TS, waxed the DP column and bench. I'm sure most of you know the "this-n-that" drill.

First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.