Bosch Multi-X MX25EC-21 oscillating multi-tool

Charles Hans

I had a need for a oscillating Multi Tool so I pulled the trigger a Bosch refurbished unit. I have to say that I am really impressed with this tool, and I am sure I will find a lot of uses for it now that it is in the shop, It is smooth and fast cutting with variable speeds and soft start. Just wondering if others have this or other makes, and how you like them? I must admit that I was skeptical before I bought it about how much I would use one, but now that I have used it a little, I think it will be a go to tool for a lot of things.

I had a need for a oscillating Multi Tool so I pulled the trigger a Bosch refurbished unit. I have to say that I am really impressed with this tool, and I am sure I will find a lot of uses for it now that it is in the shop, It is smooth and fast cutting with variable speeds and soft start. Just wondering if others have this or other makes, and how you like them? I must admit that I was skeptical before I bought it about how much I would use one, but now that I have used it a little, I think it will be a go to tool for a lot of things.

I got the Bosch several months ago and am very pleased with it. I had the Rockwell corded prior and was glad to see it go.

Jack

I use the Harbor Freight corded oscillating tool. It's not a tool that gets a lot of use so I bought the cheapest version of it. Works well when I need it.

I've also used the corded Dremel version of the tool and there wasn't much difference between the Dremel and the HF in terms of getting the job done. The one thing I noticed was that the Dremel got really hot on extended use - so hot I couldn't hold it normally.

Mike

Don are you saying I need a picture?:dunno:
I have heard that the harbor freight version is a very good value, but I am Bosh guy since I have had such good luck with them, and the refurb price was a good deal I thiught

I have the HF model as well. I think that I have used it 3 times in the past year. For $20.00 it serves the purpose well. However if I was going to use one on an ongoing basis I would buy a Bosch (I also really like Bosch tools) or other quality brand.

I use the Harbor Freight corded oscillating tool. It's not a tool that gets a lot of use so I bought the cheapest version of it. Works well when I need it.

I've also used the corded Dremel version of the tool and there wasn't much difference between the Dremel and the HF in terms of getting the job done. The one thing I noticed was that the Dremel got really hot on extended use - so hot I couldn't hold it normally.

Mike

I own the dremel multimax, and havent noticed it getting too hot to handle. After a while it gets warm, but nothing to deter its use.
I do find buying generic blades are useless, as they only last an hour. I believe I purchased some bosch blades recently and was satisfied with their performance.

I have been running my Dremel the last few days and have found like Mike said it can get to hot to use. But if you run the speed on 5 instead of 10 it doesn't heat up as bad.

Charles like you i was highly skeptical of this machine but i am now a convert. I got HF unit. Like Mike said wanted cheapest and its not an everyday kinda tool but it can do some great things when needed. I just recently bought a tile grout blade to redo some grout around here.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2