WHO WANTS TO GO FOR A SWIM IN THE NIGER RIVER???

Dan Mooney

attachment.php

22-FOOT, 2500 POUNDS!!!!

The village called the Army, because they were losing people!!!!

Attachments

• ATT000011.jpg
    ATT000011.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 118
I just had to laugh. We got an advertisment on TV right now for a new show called Cajun Pawn Stars. In it someone is caught on film walking up to the Pawn shop shouting "Got some gator and got some racoon"

somehow i dont see that same guy walking in carrying this bad boy.

Whilst they do get big and i have seen some really big crocks, i think there is a bit of trick photography at play with this image. I aint gonna bother to do the checking but i would say there is some error in some of the facts here.

Rob, looks like you might be right about the photography. I hadn't noticed before, but the people are a couple (or more) feet behind the croc, skewing the perspective. Still a big boy I wouldn't want to run into.

BTW, Cajun Pawn Stars is actually pretty interesting to watch. My first thought when I saw the photo above was Swamp People...dunno if that one's on the air where you are.

Yeah we get Swamp People, i have watched it a few times. Particularly like the two brothers especially when they go hunting for squirrels. :)

Cajun Pawn Stars has not started here yet. But i will make sure to catch an episode or two. There aint much worth watching here on tv other than discovery and history television naturally to get them you have to buy a bundle more than the basic.

I just had to laugh. We got an advertisment on TV right now for a new show called Cajun Pawn Stars. In it someone is caught on film walking up to the Pawn shop shouting "Got some gator and got some racoon"

somehow i dont see that same guy walking in carrying this bad boy.

Whilst they do get big and i have seen some really big crocks, i think there is a bit of trick photography at play with this image. I aint gonna bother to do the checking but i would say there is some error in some of the facts here.

There's about thirty feet of people back there, at some distance from the beast, so it could be anywhere from 12' long upwards. A bit like the old trick of holding your catch closer to the camera to make it look bigger. What, me do that? Never! :halo:

There's about thirty feet of people back there, at some distance from the beast, so it could be anywhere from 12' long upwards. A bit like the old trick of holding your catch closer to the camera to make it look bigger. What, me do that? Never! :halo:
That is exactly how they photoed me for my military ID tag. It was the only time and place in the world that I was 5ft 10 1/2 inches tall.

Instead of having me stand againt the wall (you know the one, the one with the horizontal lines and the "how tall you are" marks), the photographer had me stand about 4 feet in front of the wall. Then to add to my magnificence, the camera (a twin lens reflex to you camera nuts) was set low so the photographer could look down at the ground glass view finder.

So here I was when I entered the service, almost 6 feet tall. Then at the end, they kept me in the hospital for almost 3 months on a high protein, high calorie diet. They would not let me out of the hospital until I got my weight up to 95 pounds (no I did not forget to put a "1" in front of the 95).

I know you don't care. However, I just had a physical. The report said my testosterone was very high. Just goes to show you, you that you should maybe not trust all tests.

Enjoy,

JimB

Last edited: