Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday! Friday! Friday! 4/27 Edition

Friday! Friday! Friday! 4/27 Edition

Did I mention it's FRIDAY?

Have today off. Getting ready to head down to the JD dealership for a new ignition switch for the tractor, then to the grocery store to get some ribs to smoke today. We have a PB event tomorrow night, so got to run around and get some supplies for it.

Opened the pool yesterday and got it ready, so mostly trying to get the chems balance out on it this weekend and doing some stuff around the yard if it's not raining. May get out to the shop to do some more organizing Sunday.

What's everyone else got going on?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

got a sewing cabinet to make for a quilting lady..had to get more oak ply the first batch wasnt what i thought it was in the poor lighting they had.. got a two week delivery date.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Might fit some WW in this weekend, maybe. Tomorrow is field trip with church group to tour the Old Idaho Penitentiary, then a walk through the Botanical Gardens. Preceded by a lunch in the park. After church on Sunday Jan and I are going to the fair grounds for Experience Idaho to see if we can pick up any ideas for a few day trips this summer.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Lotso gardening stuff and general property cleanup to do this weekend.

Might build a few more drawers for the shop. I've been spending a little time out there everyday working through straightening it up a bit at a time.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

how sad is retirement.
    Cant think of anything special Im doing since every day is basically the same now.

Oh, I will watch the Rangers in the second round(hoooraaaay!!!!) of the playoffs sat night. And I will schlep the frames to my sons home and install them with some doors as I undertake the largest project and maybe the last project I tackle.

and tonight, I decided holding grudges and not speaking with people I grew up with, well, whats the sense. Life is too short. So tonight, the wife and I are going out to dinner with a couple (my wife and the other wife are still good friends) that we havent gone out with since 1976. Yes, 1976. Even though our kids grew up together, went to the same schools, and we live within 1/2 mile of each other, again,(we grew up next to each other also in another city), we had a falling out over a ride to the subway, and that was that. Stupid silly stuff. I think its been long enough.
    Last edited by allen levine; 04-27-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    Human Test Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    how sad is retirement.
    Cant think of anything special Im doing since every day is basically the same now.

Oh, I will watch the Rangers in the second round(hoooraaaay!!!!) of the playoffs sat night. And I will schlep the frames to my sons home and install them with some doors as I undertake the largest project and maybe the last project I tackle.

and tonight, I decided holding grudges and not speaking with people I grew up with, well, whats the sense. Life is too short. So tonight, the wife and I are going out to dinner with a couple (my wife and the other wife are still good friends) that we havent gone out with since 1976. Yes, 1976. Even though our kids grew up together, went to the same schools, and we live within 1/2 mile of each other, again,(we grew up next to each other also in another city), we had a falling out over a ride to the subway, and that was that. Stupid silly stuff. I think its been long enough.
    some good wisdom, allen!! which i myslef need to listen to but sometimes its a matter of principal..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Running to the the hardware store and pcking up electric supplies. The house I got down here has only 2 crcuits and they are the old knot and tube. Good news is the house is a old plank house and lots of ols wide pine boards for future projects.

I too stuck to my "principal". Didnt speak to my brother for 7 years. He died 2 month's ago. Needless to say I regret it alot. If i had it to do over...I would of just punched him in the head and been done with it.
    "Its only by minute attention to every detail that you will achieve perfection"

Starting the day with a CLEAN shop. And a load of laundry done, chicken fried up ahead, and a pie baked. Not lunch time yet! About to go out and play mad scientist with dyes. Meeting this afternoon. Birthday party tonight. Tomorrow is get ready for Sunday day. Early in the AM I need to spray weeds - again. Sunday is a work day. Sunday night there is a community sing along at the park. Hope I have enough energy left to take it in.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

SWMBO is making me do light work in the garden. We had snow this week, and ice pellets this morning, so I will not be doing much in my unheated shed. Next week it's supposed to warm up to 12º or so. Maybe I'll do some ww then.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln