Friday! Friday! Friday! 4/27 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Did I mention it's FRIDAY?

Have today off. Getting ready to head down to the JD dealership for a new ignition switch for the tractor, then to the grocery store to get some ribs to smoke today. We have a PB event tomorrow night, so got to run around and get some supplies for it.

Opened the pool yesterday and got it ready, so mostly trying to get the chems balance out on it this weekend and doing some stuff around the yard if it's not raining. May get out to the shop to do some more organizing Sunday.

What's everyone else got going on?

got a sewing cabinet to make for a quilting lady..had to get more oak ply the first batch wasnt what i thought it was in the poor lighting they had.. got a two week delivery date.

Lotso gardening stuff and general property cleanup to do this weekend.

Might build a few more drawers for the shop. I've been spending a little time out there everyday working through straightening it up a bit at a time.

how sad is retirement.
Cant think of anything special Im doing since every day is basically the same now.

Oh, I will watch the Rangers in the second round(hoooraaaay!!!!) of the playoffs sat night. And I will schlep the frames to my sons home and install them with some doors as I undertake the largest project and maybe the last project I tackle.

and tonight, I decided holding grudges and not speaking with people I grew up with, well, whats the sense. Life is too short. So tonight, the wife and I are going out to dinner with a couple (my wife and the other wife are still good friends) that we havent gone out with since 1976. Yes, 1976. Even though our kids grew up together, went to the same schools, and we live within 1/2 mile of each other, again,(we grew up next to each other also in another city), we had a falling out over a ride to the subway, and that was that. Stupid silly stuff. I think its been long enough.

Last edited:
how sad is retirement.
Cant think of anything special Im doing since every day is basically the same now.

Oh, I will watch the Rangers in the second round(hoooraaaay!!!!) of the playoffs sat night. And I will schlep the frames to my sons home and install them with some doors as I undertake the largest project and maybe the last project I tackle.

and tonight, I decided holding grudges and not speaking with people I grew up with, well, whats the sense. Life is too short. So tonight, the wife and I are going out to dinner with a couple (my wife and the other wife are still good friends) that we havent gone out with since 1976. Yes, 1976. Even though our kids grew up together, went to the same schools, and we live within 1/2 mile of each other, again,(we grew up next to each other also in another city), we had a falling out over a ride to the subway, and that was that. Stupid silly stuff. I think its been long enough.

some good wisdom, allen!! which i myslef need to listen to:( but sometimes its a matter of principal..

Running to the the hardware store and pcking up electric supplies. The house I got down here has only 2 crcuits and they are the old knot and tube. Good news is the house is a old plank house and lots of ols wide pine boards for future projects.

I too stuck to my "principal". Didnt speak to my brother for 7 years. He died 2 month's ago. Needless to say I regret it alot. If i had it to do over...I would of just punched him in the head and been done with it.

Starting the day with a CLEAN shop. And a load of laundry done, chicken fried up ahead, and a pie baked. Not lunch time yet! About to go out and play mad scientist with dyes. Meeting this afternoon. Birthday party tonight. Tomorrow is get ready for Sunday day. Early in the AM I need to spray weeds - again. Sunday is a work day. Sunday night there is a community sing along at the park. Hope I have enough energy left to take it in.

SWMBO is making me do light work in the garden. We had snow this week, and ice pellets this morning, so I will not be doing much in my unheated shed. Next week it's supposed to warm up to 12º or so. Maybe I'll do some ww then.

Have to pick up a half sheet of birch plywood. I messed up my cutting diagram for the drawers for the desk and came out short:doh:
Saturday will hopefully be a full day in the shop. Sunday I may have to cut the grass for the first time.

Like Allen, the days of the week all seem to blend into each other after retirement, but my wife is on school vacation this week and it's been great having company during the day.:)

I have pretty much nothing on my plate this weekend. The house could use some cleaning and dusting, but I don't have any real pressing need to do so. I've got some work work I could do if I get motivated, but so far, that wave of inspiration hasn't hit yet either. If the weather's nice, I might go burn up some ammo at the range.

Shearing. Yard work. Pool start-up. Equipment repair and maintenance. Figure out why 706, with new batteries, won't charge or hold a charge and has to be boosted EVERY TIME! Fencing.
Making wild blueberry pancakes for some out-of-province visitors too.
Otherwise, pretty quiet:D

Finished up Spring classes today. Finals next week.

Started on putting a tile floor in our local park main building tonight. Got around 600 more foot to go. Lots to do, lots to do.

Well got back from a quick trip up to illinois a couple hrs ago. Left out at 3 am yesteday, drove for 4 1/2 hrs got out of the van and put a tin roof on my ex-daughter in laws house.Got the house done 100 % just as it was getting to dark to work. Spent the night visiting the grandather. Got up and fixed some other stuff she needed done, then drove back home. Tired and hungry and just want to chill out with the race tonight. Tomorrow will finish up some doors and drawer fronts. Get ready to install mon.