sons kitchen updates

my sons tight schedule messed us up in november(he didnt have any free time), didnt get anything done, then the hurricane put a hold on everything.
The contractor finalized the measurements today.He cant begin work until after new year. Hope the weather lets him get the roof on.
Now we can concentrate on installing the dishwasher and getting the tiling done, and the one piece of trim I need to make.
Hopefully, by end of january, we will be done with this project.

believe it or not, were almost there.

my sons 3 jobs doesnt allow him much time to work in his home.

The dishwasher is in. I have the cherry strip that goes in between dishwasher and stove sitting in the finish room.(we were happy we were able to squeeze in a dishwashwer, no other place to put it without costing money to move everything)

The back wall above the counter is finally skinned with 1/4 inch sheetrock covering the old exhaust fan and other problems.

If it all works out ok timewise, and my son picks up the tile cutter from jersey this week, next weekend we will install the backsplash tiles. The only piece we havent done yet is the transition from the kitchen to dining room. (thats another job and a half)

were getting there.

Attachments

• FOTE172 (Medium).jpg
    FOTE172 (Medium).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
It's looking great Allen! If your like me once you start the backsplash you won't stop till it's finished.

Make sure you get the proper adhesive if your attaching directly to the sheet rock. I installed 1/4" hardi backer when I did ours.

nine hours today, got the backsplash tiles in place today, still need to seal and grout

another job I will never do again, or assist in cutting glass tiles. Never again.

Attachments

• 100_1428.jpg
    100_1428.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
You are Da Man Allen! That looks awesome. With all this home improvement your doing how bout you come on down and do my wood floor in the living room/ hallway? It's only just over 350 sqft of 10" wide by 8' long boards to install.
IMG_20130419_133600.jpgIMG_20130419_160115.jpg

an old friend of mine(the guy I didn't speak with for 30 years) came over yesterday and asked if he could use my sliding mitre to do some wide moldings.

He just had a new kitchen installed and agreed to let the tile guy do the installation for 600 dollars.

it was good to know seth and me saved 600 bucks doing it ourselves.

My friend is more than qualified to do it, but hes busy redoing his sons home(my son seth and his son craig went to high school together, and my daughter marissa and his son robby went through many school years together, and are all close friends still)
Hes a bit luckier than me, his son who is my sons age, is having his second child, Im envious of him, so they have been busy redoing his sons florida room making it into a den with a floor and moving walls and doors.

My old buddy is very talented, understands all construction, installs windows, doors, anything, does bathrooms, and he asked me if I need help with anything , hed love to help me, he just loves doing this stuff.(Im going to take him up on it, I want to recut and do some doors, and Im not 100% sure on all that, so why not use his expertise)