Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sooner or later ot was bound to happen

sooner or later ot was bound to happen

This is what happened and whats in the plans:
    *sooner or later it was bound to happenAbout 10 days ago I went to a friends 60th BD party. It was in an area I never been to.*@ 9 pm it was time for me to head home and get some sleep for turkey hunting in the morning. Walked out of the club located on A back country rd. Drove down the driveway and I thought I was turning onto the main street leading out. I wasn't. I was doing about 20 mph on new blacktop when I came up on a unmarked "T" section in the road. So basically all I can remember is oh crap turn ! I turned and hit the front break. Now if I had not laid the bike down on the otherside of the road was about a a 30' drop off.*So a panel truck came by the driver started yelling at me to lay still and don't move. Ambulance showed up, half the people from the party showed up. No neck problems, helmet had no cracks so a medivac ride to Baltimore was not nessary. By 945 I was in the ER, exrayed all the other good stuff done. I was in extreme pain with 2 broken ribs in the back. By 230 am wife and I were heading home. Now its been a little over a week, pain has fallen off by 50% so I decided to*Visit East Side chop shop and meet Bobby the owner and I really like the guy. He will be repairing/restoring my bike plus putting a new paint job on the bike. Cadillac's new Black Diamond. If you have not seen the color , next time you see the new black caddy take a look , it's cool !*Got about 3 till it's ready. This is a good thing... I meed to heal.__________________
    Last edited by Dave Hawksford; 04-30-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Sorry to hear that, Dave. I wish for your quick recovery.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

Glad you weren't hurt worse Dave. Been seeing your posts on FB and was wondering if you'd get back on the horse.

Have a friend that laid down his Hayabusa at about 50 miles per hour. Luckily he had just got his kevlar suit that day and was trying it out. He remembered hitting a sandy patch on the off-ramp, and waking up on some boulders on the side of the road. He sold the bike the next day and hasn't ridden since.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Glad you weren't hurt worse Dave. Been seeing your posts on FB and was wondering if you'd get back on the horse...
    Same here. Glad you're healing up, Dave.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Sorry to hear about your accident, Dave. Glad you're healing up OK.

After a couple of minor spills on a small "motorbike" when I was young, I decided I needed to keep a wrapper of steel around me for the rest of my life!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Yikes...glad you're healing up Dave! I have several friends and family that ride. My BIL is out on a long ride to the east coast and then "the dragon" whatever that is. I haven't ridden since junior high after hitting some washboard and going thru a barbed wire fence.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Thanks, I just started riding last year and love it. I had just returned from a ride to SC 6.5 hrs each way with shotgun and turkey hinting stuff. I like the road.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

OK Dave, enough with the mid life crisis stuff and stick to 4 wheels. We like having you around
    Faith, Hope & Charity

thanks for the update dave, and glad you didnt get hurt any worse... they just took away the helmet law in our state so some wont be as lucky as you were wearing protection..and i can attest to liking the road as well, its long sometimes but the stops make it worth the trip
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Glad your on the mend Dave, never broke any bones from riding, but have had more than my share of road rash.

Jeff, that would be the 'Tail of the dragon', 318 curves in 11 miles... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmkCb...eature=related