What kind of puppy is this?

Tom Baugues

What kind of dog is this? Anyone know? I see it listed on Craigslist as having been found along roadside.

Attachments

• puppy.jpg
    puppy.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 95
  • puppy 2.jpg
    puppy 2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Well, we really dont want a pit bull. There seems to be alot of them around and we just dont want to go there. I understand that they CAN be good dogs but we prefer a different breed.

Add another Jack Russel w/no pit bull vote here. The head doesn't look boxy enough to be a pit bull, in my opinion.

My Lab-Bull is the most gentle, well behaved dog that I have ever shared my home with. There was a time that Pitts were nanny dogs kept to watch and protect children.

Bad owners have really given them a bad name.

Attachments

• image-1461114468.jpg
    image-1461114468.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 50
Well they must have found a home for her as they have removed the ad off Craigslist. So we just continue to look...no hurry. Thanks to all who offered an opinion here.

Tom, A coworker is always sending out links from petfinder.com, which has both adoption and kennel listings. Some are free, some are towards shots, getting the animal fixed, and other necessities which are probably still cheaper than some vet bills for the same services. Can search by type, breed, and area code.

Tom, let me know if you are looking for a good rescue dog/pup. We have 2 of our 3 from a rescue near Bunker Hill. I will get you more info if you like. Very nice people with good dogs. They are easy to work with. If you do facebook check out back roads dog rescue.

I didn't say he had a lot of pit bull in him, :p and I agree on the Jack Russell being in the mix. I've seen pit bull mixes that were absolutely lovable, and I know a pure Staffordshire Pit Bull that is a wonderful, friendly dog who wouldn't hurt anyone.

Since the feet are small and the face has a long snout, and she has what appears to be a long haired coat, I have to disagree with the thought of it being a pit bull. She looks like she weighs about 3-4 lbs. When I took a quick look at her,I thought "part chiuaua, or other small dog. If you find out for sure, I'd like to know.

Bruce

Lots of rescue groups around. Some are pure bred groups if there is a specific breed you are looking for. Some are all breed, and will even have mixes. If you go that route, make sure the dogs aren't kept in runs but fostered in homes as family pets. They will be better socialized that way, and will make the transfer to your home easier. The rescue dogs here at our house have run of the place, as Larry can attest to. I have a 13.5 year old setter laying of the floor behind my chair right now. Jim.

yup jim has socialized dogs for sure they welcome you with waging tails and all the kisses you want:) and they like being close to you.. i guess thats why charlie my new bud is in my lap at times..its a different look having a 70lb lap dog compared to what one would normally think of as a lap dog:) its jim's fault for converting me to a lap dog:) but i forgive him:):thumb:

A 70 pound lap dog? That's just crazy talk!

Lick-Face Dog 600.jpg

(Actually, this one was more like 90 pounds.)

well charlie would do that as well if i would let him he was the only one home for a week awhile back and he would have climbed right in bed if i had let him.. thats not my style though:) the cleaning lady wouldnt like that at all!!!