MJ Gripper

Tom Blank

Peachtree had a special a couple of weeks back on the MJ GRR-Ripper (200 with add ons for the price of the 200). I got one and have used it a couple of times. Should have gotten two.

If anyone sees that special pop up again please post a notice.

Thanks,

Tom

Those peachtree deals seem to catch me fairly often. I saw that deal and picked up a second one too. while I was still getting used to the first one, let's just say it may have had a small intersection with the saw blade...

I really like them. They are very configurable and keep your hands away from the blade. Especially for thinner ripping types of cuts.

The only problems I have with my Gripper are:

I store it in a cabinet and think about it after I cut something that would have been easier if I had used the Gripper. Out of sight out of mind. I need to figure a way of hanging it off the table saw.

My legs on mine don't slide smoothly for adjusting. I need to figure that out.

I only have one.

I've been sold on them for years. :thumb: I had to do a rip cut with push stick a while back on a friend's saw, and I forgot how scary (and unsafe) push sticks are compared to my Grr-ripper. The Grr-ripper gives me much better control of the cut and a smoother cut because of it, especially when ripping shorter (12" to 24") lengths. (Something I did a lot of when I was making a lot of cutting boards.)