Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday 5/4 Edition

Friday 5/4 Edition

Well folks we made it to May already. So, what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, need to do yard work, and some shop time over the next couple days.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Shop time with my son tomorrow

Shop time has been very slack all week. We've had contractors in since Tuesday morning doing a remodel of our master bathroom. To say the least, it's been disruptive, but it was time for a change in much of the layout in there. Plus, we're getting all new fixtures!

As of the end of day Thursday, the plumber at least has a couple of sand piles for us.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redo_Day3_c.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	67229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redo_Day3_d.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	67230

I might actually get some shop time Saturday. LOML and a neighbor are going to hit some garage sales.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

well send bobby up here we are selling off some extra things this wknd got both kids and they are selling there old kids clothes and we are thinning out on everything ..getting down to the shirts on our back and shoes on our feet..to lessen the carbon footprint
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    well send bobby up here we are selling off some extra things this wknd got both kids and they are selling there old kids clothes and we are thinning out on everything ..getting down to the shirts on our back and shoes on our feet..to lessen the carbon footprint
    Don't you be tryin' to give her any ideas!

Carbon footprint, huh? Well, it ain't gonna do much for your reg'lar footprint!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Arnold View Post
    As of the end of day Thursday, the plumber at least has a couple of sand piles for us.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redo_Day3_c.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	67229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redo_Day3_d.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	67230
    Cool indoor playground
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

My grand daughter Abby has her first soccer game Saturday so I'll have to be there for that Other than that I think it will be mostly shop time. It's been raining off and on for the past week and the grass is getting taller. If Sunday is a nice day I'll have to think about getting the tractor started.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Happy Star Wars Day, everyone!

Tomorrow is the mega garage sale day at a small town nearby, so we'll be off cruising there. Hoping to find a bike for my son, or if I'm really lucky a canoe for the family... But otherwise it'll be a fun morning with the kids+LOML.

Working on a mirror frame in the shop. Family rm has this big ugly masonry fireplace, so we're putting a mirro above the mantle. It covers the brick and it makes the room look bigger. Found a nice cheap mirror at the Habitat Restore, so I "just" had to put together a frame and back. First coat of finish this morning, and should be hanging by Monday!

...art
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

My SIL and nieces are coming over to hang by the pool with my wife and daughter today, so spent the morning getting the solar cover off and doing some quick spider sweeping. Was only 70 degrees, so not sure they'll do a lot of swimming. Tonight I've got to stop and get some ammo and some PB supplies for this weekend. Need to design an overlay for the PB event tomorrow afternoon (if the contract comes back today...short notice for graduation event).

Spend some time with the boy if he is around, otherwise he flies out on Sunday morning back to USS Nimitz, which I think is still in San Diego. Sunday afternoon I'll be heading out to the range for a little practice.

Have some climbing lizards to work on this weekend too.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word ďboo.Ē Ė Robert Brault

I am doing bits and pieces of all sorts. Yard work, renovations and painting yuk. Gonna pick up one of them sticks Darren told me about, hope it makes the painting go quicker.

Cutting a THICK piece of BB to use under my bandsaw. Got the bearing in the lower part all nice and sorted out. Will add mobile base option to while i have the stand apart. Party to go to for another May baby on Sat. Should be a good weekend.
    cheers