35% off Bessey Auto-Adjust Toggle Clamps - thru May 7th 2012

Sorry guys. I forgot to tell you the code. Use "TOG2" as the key code after adding the first item to your cart.

Larry, I use the low profile ones, mount them to a block to elevate them and then use longer posts for a greater range of reach. Once the foot is within range of the thicknesses you want to clamp, the pressure is consistent throughout that range. That is, if I set the foot length to clamp a 1/2" material, it will now clamp 5/8", 3/4", 1" etc. with the same pressure. Clever little gadgets and handy for the types of things I do.

Attachments

• template routing jig v2 1.jpg
    template routing jig v2 1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 16
  • template-routing-jig-v2-7.jpg
    template-routing-jig-v2-7.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I buy the 6" ones (they go on sale pretty regular) and then actually cut them down a bit. I racked my knuckles many a time before I finally surrendered and cut an inch or so off of the ones on the jig shown. The little plastic caps are from fiber optic connectors that we use at work but, a little plastic dip, duct tape or nothing at all can work too :thumb: Prior to finding the long posts on sale, I used carriage bolts with a little rubber door stop pad (picked up at one of Lowe's Sunday clearance table blow-outs) stuck to the end with a squirt of silicone rubber:

Attachments

• template-jig-004.jpg
    template-jig-004.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: