Platter

Well got a little turning time and did some pyro on this platter. It is maple 15" in diameter and finished with rattle can lacquer. This is a picture of a mule deer I took last fall. Was going to add some color but decided against it. I am pretty pleased with it.

Attachments

• Mule Deer Platter 4.jpg
    Mule Deer Platter 4.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Mule Deer Platter 5.jpg
    Mule Deer Platter 5.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Thanks. I debated and decided I liked it as it was also. We went to church this evening and my wife was telling a friend about it. They said they would like to see it and probably want to buy it. Now to figure a price for it as I hadn't anticipated that.:eek:

Ditto from me on the no colour.

Thats a great way to add value to a bowl. :)

Its a little different but i have spent a small fortune buying plates from all over for my wife. Something like your platter would make a nice difference.

Bernie you should think about adding these to your birdhouses only make a Christmas theme or for that matter you could pick several event days. 4th of July with a pyro flag and some fireworks bursts would be cool.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks again. Rob, you and I think alike. I have lots of ideas running thru my mind. One gal wants me to make one with the State of Kansas on it. She collects something from every state. She is visiting her mom so guess I had better get that done. She said she is staying 3 weeks so shouldn't be a problem.

Okay Bernie, you got me excited. I get my wood burning gear out of the cupboard as soon as I finish this next kayak. Only two problems that I can think of: 1, I don't know how to make a platter and 2, I don't know how to do the pyro stuff. Ahh, could I practice on paper plates??

Very nice platter. Love both this on and the barn one. Great work.

Thanks Wayne and Paul. Yea Paul I guess you could practice on paper plates.:D For practice I took scrap pieces of 1 bys, sanded them the same as I would something I would turn then practice burning.