It followed me home

Congratulations on the new sander Jay

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between a unit like this and something like the woodmaster machines? I can see this is way heavier than the Jet open ended sanders most hobbiests get but I would like to learn something from your acquisition in terms of belt sanders.

Thanks everyone I'm sure tickled.

Rob this sander uses a 16X48 belt. The advantage of this kind of machine over the drum sander is you can change the belt quite fast and they wont load up as fast as drum sander will. This also has a platen in it that helps with finish sanding and also gives you a larger sandpaper contact area which helps the belt to run cooler.

Biggest advantage of this machine to me is I can set a chair up on the side of it and run short parts through it while setting down as my back gives me a lot of trouble if I stand for very long.

I'm one happy camper right now for sure:D

Last edited:
SWEET Jay, I would love one of those but I think it would be quite hard to get into my basement shop. Maybe I should put in a hoist system like in Stu's dungen:rolleyes:

Dang it Jay, you shouldn't show things like that. I ain't got no space what-so-ever to put one of those. I also don't have that much money in "Petty cash" ("Petty? Ha! Ha! Ha!). Besides that I like being solvent. But I can dream can't I?

Enjoy it for me,

JimB

Jay, I had that same model at one time and ran many, many feet of board through it over the 3 years I had it. Klingspor is your friend when it comes to buying belts. Keep in mind that you can often times, pressure wash the belts a few times before they are truly wore out. Great machine, you will enjoy.

PS I sat while feeding mine many times...helped though that I had a catcher employee on the other end.