Incra box joint jig

I ordered one on Monday and got 10% off for there anniversary sale. I think today is the last day for the 10% off but you would have to check on that as I am not sure the last day of the sale.

Or you can request a catalog and sign up for e-mail and get the new member discount of 10% as well.

Also this code may work as well …. WTEN

Richard

Go to http://www.incra.com/product_rtf_ibox.html as listed in Vaughn's post and by the first picture its says " Shop On Line" with a red shopping cart click on it and it will bring up another part were you can order on line.

Here's my e-Invoice I got ....

Order Details:
Code Item Qty (Required) Price Grand Total
I-BOX INCRA IBox Jig for Box Joints 1 $169.95 $169.95
DSC-117 10% off Anniversary Sale! 1 -$17.00 -$17.00

Subtotal: $152.95
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $15.48
Grand Total: $168.43

At the end of a long day, of a long hard working weekend (town festival) I found this waiting for me....

ce2dee95.jpg

.... I might even miss some sleep tonight to put it together and see how it works :thumb:

It's early in the morning here, I've just come off of two 18 hour days, busy as can be, still I snuck down to the Dungeon to try this new toy.... er.... tool out!

ibox_40_min.jpg

From the time I opened the box to the first joint cut was 45 min, that includes swapping out the regular blade for my dado set.

ibox_1st_joints.jpg

The boards are just whatever size, so I did not bother messing with that, but the fingers fit together so nice!!

I'll play with this more, but all I can say is that I'm impressed!

Now I need to buy new dado set, the one I have leaves little ear like cuts. Maybe I'll get a box joint set or...?

Cheers!

I'm so impressed with this jig, it just simply bloody works! :thumb:

tsuzuku_san_boxes.jpg

First set of boxes, I make these for one of my customers, he puts small bottles of coke in them as well as other small glass bottles of product, and this keeps them organized, and he has to move the boxed out of the way to get at a fridge they stand in front of. I have yet to sand them and put some handles on the ends, to make them easier to lift, as well as some finish, just going to use clear lacquer.

Again these were so very easy to build, I'm really excited to do more with it!! I'm going to use it to build the box that will form the base of the chessboard for my daughter.

I can't wait to play with it some more!

I've also ordered the Forrest finger joint saw blade set, (Lee Valley sell the Forrest set not the Freud set and the shipping from LV is quick and cheap!) the Dado set I have does NOT leave a square top!

Stu,

Gorgeous work. Very impressive! How long does it take to get the setup dialed in?

If you're doing that with the old dado set, I can only imagine what they'll look like with the new one... ;)

Best,

Bill

Thanks Bill!
The new set is a box joint set, so it should give me nice flat cuts!

Today I made a box for my recently handmade carving tools.....

carving_tools_box_1.jpg

Nothing special, just a box with a slider lid

carving_tools_box_2.jpg

carving_tools_box_3.jpg

It will certainly keep my new carving tools from banging into each other!

carving_tools_box_4.jpg

I just used my regular 60T saw blade to make this box, the joints are not perfect, but I expect they will be strong and last a while!

Now I need to get some finish on it!

Cheers!

So it looks like a very well made jig.

As an owner of several incra products, I'm just wondering what do you see as the main advantages over a simpler home made solution?

So it looks like a very well made jig.

As an owner of several incra products, I'm just wondering what do you see as the main advantages over a simpler home made solution?

It is dead on every time with about 3 minutes of set up, it is much more versatile and repeatable. I made one myself and while it did work, it took a lot of fiddling with to get it to make nice snug finger joints all the time, it worked so well I used it once and hung it up, it has maybe 1/2" of dust on it now, that is how often it gets used. This one I could teach my wife to use in less than ten minutes!

Here are the boxes I built for my customer in use....

IMG_3691.jpg

I doubled his storage area on this little ledge in front of the fridge, and everyday he has to pull the stuff off the ledge to empty the evaporator pan under the fridge.......

IMG_3692.jpg

You can see how moving all them small bottles would be a pain, I solved a problem for him, and doubled his storage space, he was well pleased!