Incra box joint jig

I'm loving this jig. I haven't touched it since the last time I used it, but today wanted to make a quick and dirty box out of some scrap 1/2" ply.

Slapped my freud box joint blades on the table saw in 3/8" mode, put the ibox on, and voila, box joints. No fuss, no muss, it was still in calibration and worked great.

Don't look at the box too closely, I wasn't going for style, and in fact, I put the hasp on upside down...

I'm calling it a "seed bank". Just a little box to store and organize all of my gardening seed packets.

Love the Ibox.

untitled-8951.jpguntitled-8949.jpg

nice box -- i like and use my iBox...

I have many - what I call blanks from other jig attempts ( a stack of rejects)...

have not used plywood will now!

I have three home made box joint jigs 1/2, 3/8 and 1/4. Since I dialed them in I have not touch the adjustment. I use them on a dedicated table saw. The saw is an old Crapsman that my Dad had when I was a toddler. I am now 63. I used key stock for the pin and adjust the pin left and right by loosing the two bolts and taping the wood block which the key stock is attached to by a dado.

Okay, everyone has had their Incra box joint jig for a while. I'm wondering if you are still in love with it? I built this on several years ago and it does a good job, but there is quite a bit of fiddling to get everything set right before starting cutting. Once setup I have been able to do some nice box joints with it. Also it would be difficult to move between the table saw and router. Just wondering if the Incra is worth the price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmrGa_LDxoE

I agree, Paul. I'm not sure I can justify the cost, although it sure is a nice tool. Since I have Incra fence systems on both my router and table saw now, it's really hard for me to decide whether to take the plunge. I've done box joints or box joint type work on both. I understand the concept of the iBox and would like to have one simply because it's another excellent Incra tool, but...

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat, it is so easy to make perfect joints it is almost...... ALMOST embarrassing.

For me, the time it takes to fiddle around with the shop made jig, and the frustration of having to cut several test pieces added up to more than just the money for this tool. This tool will be of great use for making perfect box joints for many years to come, but I also understand that for some the price in dollars is too high. For me the price in time and frustration was too high. YMMV :D

What I love about it it it's just so darn easy to setup and use. It is a little pricey, but using it is just so darn easy and the results are so good, like Stu, it's worth it to me.