Friday 5/11 Edition

Friday again, almost mid month already. So what's going on in your neighborhood?

Me, shop time, hearing it is about time to start in the hay fields for the year. Dang weather has everything messed up. Oh, also meeting some guys from school for lunch today. New Boston may never be the same.

Also need to work on this when time permits.

Sawstop 1.jpg

most shop time spent this afternoon or tomorrow will be applying finish.
saturday night, RANGERS, hoping they get the last spot......still dont know if they deserve it, but lets go rangers.
sunday, the entire day is devoted to all the moms coming over to spend the day with us.
probably bbq if the weather is nice.
nice purchase steve! did they give you a free dust blade guard?

Our master bathroom remodel is moving along. The contractor will do the skim coat on the drywall today along with some flooring, etc. HVAC will be here first thing to move a register and add one. I'll do my best to stay out of the way. :) I've been cleaning the vanity doors and drawer fronts and wiping a little finish on them.

I might get a little shop time Saturday. LOML is planning a short shopping trip with a neighbor. Then, I'll settle in for the Darlington race.

Sunday should be a full day of relaxation. I'll prepare brunch as usual. Later, I'll whip up something special for LOML since it's Mother's Day. I'm thinking thick-cut pork chops with crab and mushroom stuffing, a baked potato, and grilled zuchini. Yum!

Congratulations on your saw, Steve!

Now Steve congrats I have not checked yet if there is a thread on this new arrival but what a sneaky gloat if there aint one. SO the Rigid has been sent to the happy tool graveyard in the sky Eh? How you managing to leave a box like that unwrapped overnight.?

This weekend i hope to finish up some mods to my machines and get em posted. Lots of house work to do and arrrggg painting. End of May is approaching fast and thats a milestone deadline for us. :)

Heading out this AM with my nephew to buy some metal. He is going to make me a nice rack for the top of my PU canopy to carry kayaks on. Then I'll work on the kayak I'm building him for the work he is doing for me. Got a wedding reception to attend, darn! Messes up an afternoon. Sunday I will try to keep my kids Mother happy as she waits hoping they at least call. They are to far away and per-occupied to come. Kids!

Ya, Steve, sneaky gloat! Congrats! How do you wait tog get it un-boxed?

Last edited:
Also need to work on this when time permits.

attachment.php

Wow what restraint! You are able to take the time to take a photo before tearing the box open. You are a better man than me, Steve.

Last edited:
Meetings, meetings, meetings. Not gonna be one of my favorite weekends. :)

Nice, Steve. So you took the pic as soon as they dropped off the saw and you are already making sawdust with it, right? Just funnin' with us a bit, right? Com'on, nobody waits to open that box, right? :D:thumb::rofl:

Farm work, yard work, carpentry work, everywhere I look. Might be a little fencing to do too, the old horses took themselves for a walk last evening. Luckily, they're set in their ways.
Mother's Day feasting and company coming from MT :thumb:
And, the sun's out again with the whole valley in bloom. Beautiful.

Nice new toy Steve.

Yes, I waited to open it. It's just a saw right? When we get done with lunch, the guys are going to help me get it up right, then I will take it from there. I have to run power to the area where it goes and conduit to enclose it. So no big hurry, baby steps and should go together well.

Yes, I have the dust guard and the overarm tube as well. Remember 2012 was my "Shop Health and Safety Year".

Nice Steve, Congrats:thumb: Kind of tops my weekend :D

My daughters are taking my wife out to the seacoast for lunch on Saturday. An annual mothers day event. I'll get the honor of taking my grand daughter Abby to her soccer game Saturday afternoon :)

Sunday will be shop time after I make breakfast for my wife.

Tonight is Chinese food night. My limit is 1 Zombie otherwise I start talking Chinese to the waiter. :rofl:

Weather permitting I have some cabinets to install at my local hardwood supplier this weekend and I need to get the finish coats of white paint on two sets of shutters so I can get them installed and paid plus go look at another job.

Congrats on the new saw, Steve. :thumb:

My weekend started early...took the day off work to drop the car off at the shop this morning to get some brake work done and get a Check Engine light handled. I was expecting a pretty good chomp on the paycheck, but I just heard back from the shop...they found a loose vacuum hose was causing the light and the brakes only needed the front rotors turned. Total damages were about $90. :thumb:

That's about all the "shop" related stuff I have going on this weekend.

Nice gloat Steve!

Had a PB event tonight for a local PTA Carnival, had a great time watching all the youngsters take pics, fun to watch their expressions in the booth.

Have another booking tomorrow for a graduation. My wife is heading out of town Sunday to see her grandparents, so will head out and see Mom for a few hours.