"Bondage of leek & peppers"

I've past up looking at this thread, because I couldn't begin to figure what it would be from the title. My curiosity finely won out and I had to look. Sure glad I did. Beautiful beautiful carving.

Well hello again . . . . Mr wanabee carver . . . . I can see I'm going to have some competition in this woodworking lark! Seriously though, breathtaking GG standard and work to be proud of, especially if you are self-taught as it shows you have a natural ability with all the depths and details you worked on. How long did it take you? David at Matha

Honestly, David, each time I start a carving I try to keep track of the hours I put on it, but after a while I just forget about it, I guess it took me around 100 or 150 hours, but don't take me too seriously on that. I haven't idea at all.

Thanks Al, as for the mastery of the art I still have a long way to go. True is that with each new carving I make I learn new things, but stupid of me, each new one I make I choose it more difficult. Maybe I'm some sort of masochist ;)

darren they have machines to make tooth pics so you should try to make another product that is more artful,, you could ask toni for some suggestions his head is full of ideas:)

It may work for Darren, but I've seen my own "carving" work, and the only thing amazing is how amazingly bad I am at doing it. :p :D
After seeing your work here on FWW, I wouldn't exactly describe it that way. But, then again, first place is not something everyone can achieve, so you should treasure your blue ribbon trophy even more.:D:rofl:

After seeing your work here on FWW, I wouldn't exactly describe it that way. But, then again, first place is not something everyone can achieve, so you should treasure your blue ribbon trophy even more.:D:rofl:

I'm a decent turner, but my carving is at about the second grade level. :D