Norfolk Island Pine

Found a source for some NIP so ordered some. Wanted to make a 2 or 3 vases. I had turned one about 3 yrs ago and didn't really want to sell it but the director at the art gallery wanted me to bring it down to display it. Anyway I thought ok I will put $185 on it and no one would think of buying it. Well a lady came in and put down cash so I reluctantly took it. I did order 3 blanks. 2 blanks were 8 X 6 and one was 7.5 X 5. This one finished measures 7 X 4 with walls a consistant 3/8" and is finished with 1 coat of antique oil to pop the grain and 12 coats of General Finishes Woodturners Finish. The 5th coat was sanded with 400 and the 9th coat with 800. No sanding on the last 3 coats. Two views from the top (front and back) and a profile. This one will go into my display case.

Attachments

• Norfolk Island Pine 2.jpg
    Norfolk Island Pine 2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Norfolk Island Pine 3.jpg
    Norfolk Island Pine 3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 41
  • Norfolk Island Pine 4.jpg
    Norfolk Island Pine 4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 46
Thanks Bruce and Jeff.

Bruce I won't make the same mistake twice. They will either like it enough to pay $450 or it will stay in my display case.

Jeff I love turning NIP. Even end grain it turns nicely.

I bought some NIP awhile back and really liiked how it finishes. I would have done more but the cost and shipping were to much so I let it go. Either way if you can get it at a reasonable price I would say to get more the work is great........................................