And to think, I almost quit

Some of you all remember back on 4-7-2010, (OT section 163 pages back) when I posted about going to school? Well after almost 2 straight years and almost giving it up, I am all but done. It has been a journey for sure.

Since this all started, I have had good days and bad. Mostly good, from what I am told. Last Tuesday, May 8, 12,, I was invited to attend the graduation, even though I was not graduating. I was given Honor in the Electrical Tech field. I got a medallion and a paper from the Dean. It appears I have made the Deans list every semester, who would have thought that? I was chosen for my leadership skills and for the way I worked with others.

I was part of a special project in Motor Control class, that has cost the school 50,000 plus dollars. We developed an new set up, where multiple departments can be involved, I am on a first name basis with the Dean and the Dean of student affairs. I have been ask to be on the advisory board for the electrical dept for all future changes and additions. This Wed I am part of a small group taking an entrance elect test for one of the bigger employers in the area. We are to set the base line for the school and they may start hiring students right out of school. Once that test is over, we are to go on site and take the hands on test. We have been told, there is no job offer, we are just doing this for the school and the others that are to finish behind us.

I owe a lot to the members of this board, you all helped me more than you will ever know, the PM's and the e-mails were greatly appreciated, even if I didn't know it at the time.

You all have taught me more than I could have ever learned in school. I learned about family and helping others out. So please, don't take this as bragging, take it as the Thank You, that it is.

Some of you all remember back on 4-7-2010, (OT section 163 pages back) when I posted about going to school? Well after almost 2 straight years and almost giving it up, I am all but done. It has been a journey for sure.

Since this all started, I have had good days and bad. Mostly good, from what I am told. Last Tuesday, May 8, 12,, I was invited to attend the graduation, even though I was not graduating. I was given Honor in the Electrical Tech field. I got a medallion and a paper from the Dean. It appears I have made the Deans list every semester, who would have thought that? I was chosen for my leadership skills and for the way I worked with others.

I was part of a special project in Motor Control class, that has cost the school 50,000 plus dollars. We developed an new set up, where multiple departments can be involved, I am on a first name basis with the Dean and the Dean of student affairs. I have been ask to be on the advisory board for the electrical dept for all future changes and additions. This Wed I am part of a small group taking an entrance elect test for one of the bigger employers in the area. We are to set the base line for the school and they may start hiring students right out of school. Once that test is over, we are to go on site and take the hands on test. We have been told, there is no job offer, we are just doing this for the school and the others that are to finish behind us.

I owe a lot to the members of this board, you all helped me more than you will ever know, the PM's and the e-mails were greatly appreciated, even if I didn't know it at the time.

You all have taught me more than I could have ever learned in school. I learned about family and helping others out. So please, don't take this as bragging, take it as the Thank You, that it is.

Congrats. Just shows what you can do if you put your mind to it and do the work needed. You should pat yourself on the back as well. You deserve it.

Steve, Congratulations on your achievements and we're glad you chose to be a part of the family here. Your a great inspiration to all that have the desire to move onward and upward. :thumb:

Congratulations Steve! What you have done is truly impressive. Having the fortitude make the decision to go to school and not just succeed, but to excel, says a lot about your character. You earned it!

Steve, Congratulations on your achievements and we're glad you chose to be a part of the family here. Your a great inspiration to all that have the desire to move onward and upward. :thumb:

Darren said it so so well i can only add ditto.

Well done my friend well done. Congrats.

Now we need a party ........Vaughn i think as our head baker ya gotta get a graduation cake going for Steve.

Ya made my day Steve.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Add me to the list of well wishers from here. Going to school, change at any age, it is not easy. You have made lemonade out of the proverbial lemons. Also, don't forget the positive example you have provided your children. They have seen dad step up and do what it takes for the betterment of the family. Bask in this time, remember it for the good it is, Congrats on a job well done.

You were in school? :D

Congrats, Steve. :clap: Sounds like all the hard work and determination have paid off in ways you wouldn't have imagined at the beginning.

And since Rob insisted...

600-1323358704.JPG

well done steve and the appt to the board may well turn into more fulfillment as time goes one.. being able to help others is a good thing.. just outa curiosity how old are you?