"Eagle's Realm" Intarsia---DONE

Mike Mathieu

Hi Everyone
Well , after about 40 hours of cutting and fitting and redesigning , I finally got the “Eagle’s Realm” intarsia project complete. Took about 3 hours today to glue in all 175 pieces and apply 2 coats of spray on satin poly.The biggest hurdle was getting the depth in the background but I got it, Whew that was tough!!! Woods used—Walnut, Holly, Spalted Beech, Spalted Sycamore, Yellowheart, Ebony, Fishtail Oak, Poplar, Lignum Vitae, Purpleheart, Afromosia, Vera wood, Peruvian Walnut, Tulipwood, Maple, Bloodwood, Pink Ivory. Fun project.

EaglesRealmIntarsia.jpg

Exquisite!

Too detailed for this beginning scroller. My wife and I took a beginning scroll saw class at the Spokane WoodCraft Store last Saturday. I plan on ordering a gross of blades and letting the wife fire up her new Excalbur scroll saw.

Mike its very hard to find words worthy of your work. Showed the earlier post to my wife she could not believe it was all wood.

Its utterly mind boggling i can stare at that pic for ages there is so much to take in. Your tree leaves me speechless never mind the eagle just wow wow wow .

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.
Seems all I've been doing lately is fixing furniture so this project was a nice change of pace. Was really fun to do some serious scrolling but you gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills

Last edited: